Notices

Eating Like An Animal............

Old 05-03-2011, 12:31 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Eating Like An Animal............

I've only been sober just over three days, and already my appetite has gone through the roof! (As it normally does.)

Is this common for anyone else around here?
Old 05-03-2011, 12:41 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sometimes it was, and other times I had no appetite at all, Squizz

D
Old 05-03-2011, 12:48 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Idiot!

Yep I ate loads for a good while after stopping. Put some weight on initially before losing it again. I did use food to fill me up though at the beginning so that I would be less likely to want to drink.
Old 05-03-2011, 12:52 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

At first I was not really hungry and lost over three months about 30 pounds, but recently I have been getting really hungry for chocolate or fried food. But I seem to now be staying the same weight, it is cool to know I can have the chocolate etc and it no way matches the calories I used to consume with alcohol.
Old 05-03-2011, 12:54 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I have found that my appetite has decreased generally, but I am now "addicted" to apples, grapes and tic tacs
Old 05-03-2011, 03:20 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
SoberDreams

I was sober for six days a couple weeks back. My appetite went through the roof. I also wanted sweets like crazy, which I never want when drinking. Crazy.
Old 05-03-2011, 04:16 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

After my detox I had about a week that I ate everything in site, and really craved sweets. I tried to make sure I had filling, healthy snacks available just so I wouldn't stuff myself with junk. My appetite got back to normal in a couple weeks. Good job on the 3 days, keep it up!
Old 05-03-2011, 06:19 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I virtually never ate chocolate when I was a drinker/user. Since I've got sober I crave it every day. I hear it has something to do with replacing this or that chemical I received in my brain from drinking/using. I'm skinny so I guess I can afford to eat it, but I'm also aware chocolate isn't *healthy*.
Old 05-03-2011, 06:34 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Mines been a roller coaster for the past 6 months. And oddball cravings. About 2 months into sobriety I got a craving for strawberry yougurt, and would eat about 8 of them a night. Then the craving just stopped. Now it's Chinese food 7 nights a week.

???
Zube
Old 05-03-2011, 07:34 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I've been sober for 28 days, and I find myself eating endlessly. I'm glad to hear that I am not the only one!
Old 05-03-2011, 07:47 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
dfw

My appetite has finally come back after 30 days of sobriety. Hey I think today is actually day 30...my how time flies.

I visited my parents this past weekend and came downstairs with my shirt off, both parents were pretty appalled with how skinny I'd gotten (probably due to depression & loss of "beer weight"). Thanks to some home cooked meals, my appetite is normalizing.
Old 05-03-2011, 08:58 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Thumbs up

Oh yeah.(!) Your taste buds are waking up. Eat all you want-it's better than drinking, and it will pass.............
Old 05-03-2011, 10:46 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I eat like a pig when I am sober. I equate it to two things. First I am removing 10,000+ alcohol calories from my diet so I have to make up for that with real food. And us alcoholics are known for our nutrition while drinking. I think my body starts craving foods with the vitamins and minerals I am deficient in. I have been eating some weird stuff, if I wasn't a guy I might suspect pregnancy.