Notices

My final push

Old 05-02-2011, 06:39 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My final push

I'm on my final push I have 5 subs left and I'm down to a quarter a day to everyother day please any advice is appreciated. I'm tired alot and depression is my two big hurdles I have anything will help sorry it's not more but I'm on my phone
Old 05-02-2011, 06:43 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Brodie and Welcome,

I wonder if you've talked to your dr?

I don't have personal experience with subs, but I'm sure others will be along who can offer more advice.
Old 05-02-2011, 07:01 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Brodie

Have you got your Dr on board with this? what did they say?
I think professional advice is always the best way to go.

You may find more posters with first hand experience in this forum as well:

Suboxone/Methadone Maintenance or Detox - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

Keep in mind though we can't really give you medical advice here - it's against our rules.

D
Old 05-02-2011, 09:37 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome (((Brodie))) - I agree that talking with your dr. would be a good idea. There are many posts here, from people who have used subs, and from what I've read, there is still some withdrawal, but the tapering helps.

Don't have any personal experience, but do want you to know that there are a lot of people here with experience in recovering from addiction, and you're not alone.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 05-04-2011, 06:46 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

The thing is I have no insurance n no money I been going on Sher will n soo far so good it's all I have. That's why I'm asking what do I do about depression someone that hasn't taking meds for it im truning new leaf for a one year old I have made drastic changes for this n now all I have is my son and my job and a few straight friends
Old 05-04-2011, 06:48 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Sorry didn't know about the med advice
Old 05-06-2011, 10:54 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Just want to give you guys an update on things and so far soo good made one suboxone last more then a week (7 days) why don't I have urges not know certain thing bug the he'll out of me I guess I'm a control freak. I guess I have alot to learn about my self. I wounder what I am really like and hope I like it. why do I keep asking questions!! I don't get myself at all I think I'm a really bad person and won't even know it
Old 05-06-2011, 11:02 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Brodie, you're not a bad person, you have an addiction.

I'm glad that you're feeling optimistic and doing well. I hope you keep reading and posting.
Old 05-08-2011, 10:39 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Feelings are all over the place right now and all I want to do is get high and feel good for a little while I keep thinking of reasons not to but nothing is making me feel better along with no motivation to do anything that would be healthy what a mess I am!!!
Old 05-08-2011, 11:13 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

hey brodie. Ive gone through sub and heroin withdrawal myself and the absolute worst part for me is the depression. I know exactly how you feel and what youre going through. I tried to stay distracted as much as possible exercise, movies, anything to keep you distracted!! My goal was 3 weeks. I knew that if I could make it that long my brain would start to heal itself and sure enough around that point I started feeling like myself again. You can do it!!!
Old 05-09-2011, 01:22 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I want to thank all of you who keep replying me, I would reply to other peoples post but I don't think I am stable enough to give even decent advice I'm not very social now and I "zoneout" alot I'm at a point that I want to just say F it and move on and stop crying about this and get over it! Slowstar thank you thank you!! for telling me to stay "distracted" I almost had somthing click and understand more what I have to do and now do it and Anna I did forget you for the support and the mupltiple reply!! I ask all of you plz keep with me because I really don't have a lot of supporters in my life I know the few love me but don't understand I'm also starting to feel like I belong to something out of work thank you SR!!! It's now 4:18am watching infomercials thinking about buying the insanity workout DVD LOL!! I use to make fun of these workout videos n now I want to get one to keep me moving and "distracted" (Thank you slowstar)
Old 05-09-2011, 06:31 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I feel like all my beliefs are wrong today and everything I know is a lie and I don't know why plus I'm scared ******** for some reason even tho I'm at work can't deal with this!?!!? WTF?!?!?!
Old 05-09-2011, 06:40 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Hang in there Brodie and congratulations on a week clean/sober! I know it's hard to get through those first days - when I got off alcohol I didn't want to do anything and the time moved SO slowly......I felt so lost. Some days I just had to come here and read posts like crazy to remind myself of why I wanted to get sober.

You're still in the healing process. The emotional/mental stuff can really get us down, but you're not going through anything different than others have been through. It really does get better.

Like Anna said, you're NOT a bad person. Addiction is so cruel because it takes a bit of our soul while it's making us hate ourselves. None of us intended to become addicts and it's hard to fight the good fight, but it's worth it so just keep taking it a day at a time and be good to yourself.:ghug3
Old 05-10-2011, 08:06 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Sorry I havent posted but I been reading alot of post seems like I'm thinking a little better and I know the first positive feeling I get back is the most dangerous for relapse, I just want to get through all this no matter what! I hope this is it I have never been this ready for anything in my entire life feels like I'm going to ace my final exam. But I have to watchout for "tricky questions" that will automatically fail me! I been reading the bible a little even though I dont believe there is only one god and any one religion is right but I do believe in the morals that the bible teaches us and there is one higher then all. I have busting ass at work and trying to take care of the home. I got a big day at work need some sleep thank you all and thank you whoever made this site very much!