Notices

Thanks SR and April Class

Old 04-30-2011, 10:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Encourager In Training

Thanks SR and April Class

Having finally accepted the reality that my recovery requires much more than the cessation of drinking, I joined both a step study and SR during April.

As the month closes out (15 minutes left here in Kansas City land), I just want to thank all of you at SR who so generously share your trials, tragedies, and triumphs. Also, in particular I want to thank certain members of the April class who have continually exemplified "rigorous honesty" since throwing their respective hats into the sobriety ring. I have been inspired by your accounts of opening up to family and other loved ones.

As a direct result of my experience here at SR, two nights ago I sat my wife down and after much discussion about whether what I wanted to share was in our marriage's best interest, I layed out the expansive drinking life I kept hidden until caught in the act on that blessed night in August of 2009.

Mostly because my wife is simply beyond, the conversation couldn't have gone better. This talk was nothing short of a milestone in my burgeoning-yet-accelerating recovery, and you folks at SR deserve the credit.
Old 04-30-2011, 10:10 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Well, I think you deserve a little credit too Ranger LOL - well done
I'm glad your talk went well

Here's to another sober month and more sober milestones to come

D