Notices

Vodka

Old 04-30-2011, 12:07 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Yup -Vodka was my drink of choice. Although, I never thought it didnt smell. All alcohol smells when you drink it. But I drank it for 2 reasons. 1. It was cheap as hell, and 2. It really did go with about anything. A cheap bottle of vodka and a packet of kool-aid :rotfxko

Im so glad im working past all that crap now.

-Ryan
Old 04-30-2011, 12:12 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Drank it by the plastic bottle, which I could sneak into the house in an inside pocket of my overcoat. Never used a glass, always just upended it in the basement closet and tucked it out of sight. Quicker. It truly was self-medicating.
Old 04-30-2011, 12:15 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Abnormally normal

Ugh! Vodka!
That was my poison as well. And since some liquor stores didn't always have bottles chilled, and I couldn't wait to have that one first drink, I got used to drinking it warm right out of the bottle pretty quick.
I was never known to turn down a drink, no matter what it was. I'd drink anything as long as it had alcohol in it. But as my alcoholism got worse and I wanted to drink at not so "acceptable" hours, I turned to vodka because I too believed you couldn't smell it. It got really bad really fast after that.

Now, I gag at just the mention of it, and its because of that first drink I couldn't wait for. It reminds me of how eventually it turned into something I had to talk myself into doing. I'd be sitting in my car and literally gagging at the thought of the first drink but giving myself a "pep talk" to hurry up and get it over w/, knowing the next one would be easy.

ugh..that first drink!
It sends chills up my spine and sometimes, I still gag.
So gross!
Old 04-30-2011, 12:24 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I am also a connoisseur of mouthwash and various extracts, including vanilla, lemon and peppermint. Lemon burns, so you need to chase it with a swig of Scope.
Old 04-30-2011, 12:42 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I switched form beer to vodka fo awhile. Cheaper and a quicker drunk. Started puking in the morning so the vodka had to go. Back to beer. Insane.
Old 04-30-2011, 01:07 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I had always been a beer guy, and I probably became an alcoholic with beer, but the tide changed for me when I realized expensive vodka would not give me the hangovers, and I would then drink enough so I would wake up drunk and start with a couple of beers or hard lemonades the next morning. Don't get me wrong beer caused a majority of my problems, but once I got to drinking vodka daily on top of the beer is when I hit the point of no return as an alcoholic. But if I would have never drank vodka I probably would have never progressed to full blown alcoholism and I'd probably still be drinking.

So thank you vodka for pushing me over the edge to where I was forced to find sobriety. Life is now a great place to be sober!
Old 04-30-2011, 01:16 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Groovy Dancer

Until I was almost 31 years old, I drank about twice a year. I hated alcohol. Then I found Vodka and it went to daily drinking. My fault, not the drinks, still...I hate that dam Vodka now.
Old 04-30-2011, 10:32 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Vodka was what started me down the hard liquor road but after about 8 years I stopped drinking it because I thought it made me an angry drunk.

Then I switched to a rotation of gin, bourbon, whiskey and tequila, with wine at dinner.

Toward the end it was mostly bourbon and wine.
Old 04-30-2011, 11:28 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Was never a Vodka drinker myself. Whiskey was my hard liquor of choice and then switch to rum.
Old 05-01-2011, 12:48 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Vodka always took me further than I wanted to go, kept me longer than I wanted to stay, and cost me more than I wanted to pay.

Vodka was my demon, but I drank most beers, wines and some other hard liquors occasionally as well.
Old 05-01-2011, 12:53 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I was a wino but every once in a while would make myself sicker than hell on gin.
Old 05-01-2011, 01:02 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Well, I was strictly a whiskey girl. No messin around. But I think now if someone put a bottle right in front of me I'd probably have a turned stomach just looking at it.
I know that to be true because all this booze talk is makin muh stomach turn! LOL
Old 05-01-2011, 01:39 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

I was a beer gal until I discovered wine and thought it had more class, but still always went back to beer. Loved a decent vodka Bloody Mary though on mornings I was off until the heartburn got too bad. I didn't drink much hard liquior because after all, isn't that what alcoholics drink, and by golly I wasn't an alcoholic - just a social drinker that liked to have fun!! My, my, my what a tangled web I wove!!! Finally sober after 30 years - took long enough!
Old 05-02-2011, 04:04 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Vodka.... Where to start..?? It's just a drug delivery system. Just something to get alcohol into your system with the least pain and social intervention. Best thing to do with it IMO, pour it down the drain and never allow it in Your house again!
Old 05-03-2011, 01:09 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

i was so happy when i saw this thread....i agree, it is a demon!!!!

vodka has been my "choice" for quite some time now. i used to drink silly/girly drinks (as ppl used to say) things like a Malibu & Coke...can say i haven't had one of those in years because the proof is just not high enough. i gave up on drinkiing beer because it took so much to get to my drunk point...plus all the calories!!!

vodka has always been easy, not straight from the bottle but when you can buy a huge costco sized 750ml bottle for $22....need i say more!!

i also thought that no one would notice if i drank vodka - it's supposeed to not smell right? boy was i fooling myself! when you have the equilivent of 16 shots...i'm SURE every pore in your body is seeping with alcohol!

vodka is poison.....dump it down the drain...that is what i'm trying to tell myself to do....g'luck!!
Old 05-03-2011, 03:11 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
SoberDreams

I just came to this forum, glad to be here. Seeing this post was
somewhat prophetic. Ultimately, despite all the booze and drugs out there,
vodka has been by far the worst of it.
Old 05-03-2011, 04:23 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR Seth

D
Old 05-03-2011, 09:01 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

I've noticed that too-vodka-heads DO seem to be the worst for some reason.
Old 05-03-2011, 12:39 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Vodka is what did me in. When I was in rehab, most folks I asked told me vodka was their drink of choice.