Notices

30 days

Old 04-28-2011, 06:50 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

30 days

Today is my 30 day mark, and I am very happy to be sober. I tried to do this once before and it seemed impossible. So I am very proud that I did it this time.
I am feeling really down because of the breakup I am going through though. It was ended because of my drinking and the things I did while drinking. It just sucks because I am different now. And I know that my ex would never have to deal with my drinking again. But I also know that I did do stupid things, and I have to deal with the consequences. I am just so sad about it. And its only first thing in the morning. I dont know how to get in a better mood to get through this day. All I can think about is how bad I miss him.
Old 04-28-2011, 06:53 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sorry about your breakup but great job on the 30 days, keep up the good work!
Old 04-28-2011, 07:03 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

hey I got 33 days today. AND my relationship has ended. I'm moving on though. You can too. Peace.
Old 04-28-2011, 07:18 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good Job on the 30 days.
Sorry about the break up but maybe in due time things will change in his head. Be patient with time.
Old 04-28-2011, 08:45 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
April 18, 2010

Hi Gorpus, Congratulations on your thirty days -- that's really something to be proud of! I'm sorry to hear about your break-up, and I hope you have a good system of support in place to talk to people who can help you feel better (SR is always a good place for this too!). Time will heal the wounds. You have a lot to be proud of achieving thirty days!
Old 04-28-2011, 09:00 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Sober 6/5/2008

Congrats on 30!

A breakup was instrumental in my getting sober. It made me realize that booze had always allowed me to settle for a lot less than I was capable of. And working the steps in AA gave me opportunity to reflect on how much my drinking and general selfishness had undermined my relationships with people, including the women in my life.

I wanted a better life. That could only happen if I changed things. Today is day 1057 sober and life continues to get better, one day at a time.
Old 04-28-2011, 09:09 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
dfw

Originally Posted by Gorpus View Post
Today is my 30 day mark, and I am very happy to be sober. I tried to do this once before and it seemed impossible. So I am very proud that I did it this time.
I am feeling really down because of the breakup I am going through though. It was ended because of my drinking and the things I did while drinking. It just sucks because I am different now. And I know that my ex would never have to deal with my drinking again. But I also know that I did do stupid things, and I have to deal with the consequences. I am just so sad about it. And its only first thing in the morning. I dont know how to get in a better mood to get through this day. All I can think about is how bad I miss him.
I had the same thing happen to me almost 30 days ago. I know it still hurts me to think about it, but really the approaching life a day at a time has been helping me a lot. Some people on here gave wonderful advice to me when I was really feeling upset over the break up. If it's meant to happen again, that person will come around. And the best thing you can do is to stay sober for yourself and not to win them back. If things work out for my ex and I in the future, great! But if not, at least I have taken control of my life before alcohol totally consumed me.
Old 04-28-2011, 09:45 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

The first 30 days to me seemed like the hardest to get through (so far). So congratulations and bear in mind that you never know what the future holds if you stay sober.

Old 04-28-2011, 02:27 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Gorpus

I agree with Swan about the future and us never knowing what might be right around the corner.

Congratulations on 30 days

D
Old 04-28-2011, 08:22 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

thanks everybody
Old 04-28-2011, 08:26 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Positivo

I'm 32 days gorpus.. Great job I'm so new to this forum. Not sure what's right or wrong but good luck an wanted to say hi and congrats!! Sorry about your breakup....