Notices

Instant Attitude change.

Old 04-27-2011, 12:47 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Practice Sobriety

Instant Attitude change.

Even though I might get the same tasks done in my day. Just whispering to myself. "Just don't drink today and you are a winner" Really takes the burden off of me. I also whisper and really focus on trying to have fun and being silly. I have a deadly disease, and when it is time to be serious I am serious, but I am out 7 months and for awhile I was just trying to go 100 percent in AA and it was making me frustrated because there was no energy left over for pinball. The metaphor you use for your life will determine how you feel about your life. I write out the situation and write out my actions and I let myself feel proud if I did the right actions. Alot in my life I did right, but I never gave myself credit or allowed myself to be proud because I figured normal people did the same thing. Now I know I am not normal person, and I have figured out that writing out your good deeds and being proud of them makes you feel good. It keeps that road good enough to keep on truckin down.

If you think that life is a war, you will percieve your life to be a struggle.
If you think of it as a game, then you might not take it so serious.
If you say your life is a bowl of cherries...then that is say...your
life is delicious.
Old 04-27-2011, 01:06 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Practice Sobriety

I think it is important to view as AA when you go to meetings as a safe place, where you are hanging out with sober people, who want you to stay sober. I know the quicker I got out the mindset of "this place is for losers, it is a cult, I am not these people" that is when I started gaining valuable life lessons.
Old 04-27-2011, 01:37 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Sometimes life can be much simpler than we make it out to be.

Just don't drink today is a great example.
Old 04-27-2011, 05:37 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
SR Fan

I've used the same thinking when I'm having one of those bad days: that as long as I'm sober today, it's a great day already.....

I love that you mentioned being silly, too...... I think I was SO much more serious (melancholic) when I was drinking because I wanted to seem sober to those around me..... That, in itself is pretty ironic.

Attitude is such a big part of it.
Old 04-27-2011, 05:54 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Finding what works for you Mcribb is key. I see so many people that don't stay sober because they haven't found what works for them. Keep adding up the sober time
Old 04-27-2011, 07:12 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by artsoul View Post
I love that you mentioned being silly, too...... I think I was SO much more serious (melancholic) when I was drinking because I wanted to seem sober to those around me..... That, in itself is pretty ironic.
WOW!!!! What a great statement. Thanks SO MUCH. I really identified with this. ;-)