Notices

Day 8 is great!

Old 04-27-2011, 08:21 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 8 is great!

Where are all my day eights? Hope you guys are on track. Key keep it up! Anything different happening, mindset, pressure?
Old 04-27-2011, 08:25 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Really appreciate all the comments. I know some who have been sober for a while get the new people who start to feel confident to early and have these questions. Last night my wife and I went to a farewell gathering for some friends and everyone was drinking of course but didn't phase me. The place had a kids play area so I played with my little one going back and forth to talk to our friends. When we left and walking back to the car I asked her so what do you think about having a few drinks after you have the baby? She said "I really don't need to drink so if it is something you want to do and not drink we can do it together" I was blown away and also relieved! I know in the past her and her mom like to sit on the patio and sip some wine and I would feel guilty and selfish to keep those moments away from her so I said you know you can have your wine and I will have my smoothies! Thanks again for understanding everyone and day 8 is GREAT!
Old 04-27-2011, 08:57 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Great job on the 8 days and getting through a social event like that. Keep up the good work!
Old 04-27-2011, 09:08 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congrats! I'm so happy for you. I'm around the same day (if I am not counting that one little itty bitty Miller Lite, I'm on day 10). In the AA meeting I went to, they call it birthdays. So, Happy Birthday!
Social situations will get easier and easier. I'm struggling with that too.
Old 04-27-2011, 09:17 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm so gald to hear that you feel well and have strong resolve. I'm betting that you also have less anxiety about the new baby and taking charge of the home life while your wife recovers from giving birth.

keep going with your new healthy routine and deal with life's circumstances in a logical calm manner...not every day is going to be perfect, but life's problems are so much less of big deal when we are sober and rational.
Old 04-27-2011, 09:43 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Congratulations! I hope you keep posting your days. It makes me feel happy in the morning when I check in!
Old 04-27-2011, 11:05 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I'm here too, fellow day 8'ers! Glad it's going well for you. It is for me, too. H2Q, I'm so glad you are keeping a dialogue with your wife. It sounds like you two are really on the same page. I wish my hubby was - he's still drinking his nightly bottle of red wine (yeah, yeah, he's got issues, too. What a pair), but it's not bothering me as it's HIS deal. I've asked him to make sure he doesn't leave the glass on the kitchen countertop when I'm cooking in case the unconscious hand comes out and grabs it, and he's trying hard to remember. I've got my seltzer water at hand all evening, and it's becoming more normal to have the weight of a solid glass tumbler rather than my wine glass (which felt very strange at first). We are finally talking about our descent into nightly drinking. We've been together nearly 20 years now and are now spending a long time talking about how/why/where/when we both became big drinkers. It's been an eye opener for both of us, and I think he's not far behind me in quitting, which is great for us both. I told him last night about how I nearly died 9 days ago, and he was brought to tears by it. He was so shocked and agreed that me going on this new sobriety journey is good for us both, and that he wants to be on it too. Day 8 is fantastic
Old 04-27-2011, 11:40 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

That is so nice newwings! I'm actually starting to enjoy cooking without drinking. I would drink evertime I cooked for years without fail. Now that I'm not I include the fam and it seems to be working. Congrats on 20 years together! That is great!
Old 04-27-2011, 04:58 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats to all you day 8s

D
Old 04-27-2011, 05:05 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Congratulations all you crazy eights!