Notices

Old 04-27-2011, 04:48 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 5. Feel pretty good. ALMOST slipped yesterday and had a glass of wine. I had such a bad day, the stress was killing me and THEN to top it all off, I tried a new recipe for dinner and it was TERRIBLE. What a day. I decided against the drink and chose to have a cup of tea and keep myself busy instead. It worked and I am feeling positive about today.

I have started a workout plan (something that I do off and on) but plan to stick with it. What else do you do to eliminate the stresses of everyday life? I have 2 small(ish) children and run my own business. Any ideas are appreciated!

Have a GREAT SOBER DAY everyone!
Old 04-27-2011, 01:08 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Done

I am done with this forum. It is obviously not what I need. This is the second day in a row that I have posted with NO RESPONSE. Obviously not the support network that I thought it was going to be. I wish you all the best of luck in your sobriety.
Old 04-27-2011, 01:16 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Sorry you feel that way tying2dobetter and I hope you reconsider, great job on the 5 days. I too have 2 smallish children and work full time so it makes life pretty hectic. I have started working out more (like you have) I have also started being more involved with my family. I found out my drinking was isolating me from them more than I even realized. If I'm stress out and need a release I play basketball with my kids, do yard work, go for a walk or even clean house. I find staying busy is good for me and if I'm tired at the end of the day all the better, that means I sucked as much out of another day as possible.

Stick around do some more posting and responding I think you will be happy you did in the long run.
Old 04-27-2011, 01:41 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
MIND OF DESTRUCTIVE TASTE

I'm sorry (((Trying2better))) - I try real hard to make sure I respond to new posts in the certain forums...however, life sure gets hectic being a sahm of a special needs child Also, I have noticed when I've made posts that have gotten no reponses, it's during a certain time of day when not a lot of people seem to be on posting...and then the post gets lost further down, and results in no responses.

Hang in there - congrats on your 5 days!!! I care, and I'm glad that you are here. If you ever need someone to talk to, please feel free to PM, I'm a good listener

It can be really hard to balance life...I still struggle with this. I do really try and make a little time for myself each day and do something for me. Of course this can be really hard at times. I don't work but I do homeschool my 3 1/2 yr old...Sometimes we tend to lose ourselves when we have children and it can get so overwhelming. I have yet to find a way to elminate my stresses, honestly...they are pretty much there to stay for quite sometime.

I hope you keep coming back

-Jess

Keep up the great work and stay strong!
Old 04-27-2011, 02:06 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I hope you decide to check back in a while see that people have responded. I'm still learning that it's ok to post something and not get a reply (it is sometimes hurtful when you've spilled your thoughts/aspirations/grumbles and no one feels compelled to respond. It feels a bit lonely. Not as lonely as drinking alone, though, don't you think?).

Sometimes it's enough to write it in words and come back and read it again, almost like a diary. And someone WILL respond, even if it's just a thanks under the post.

Hope you return and keep strong. I've been following your posts as I'm new here too, Day 8 for me. If you come back on, you can always PM me and I will respond within a couple of hours at the most.

All the best

Newwings
Old 04-27-2011, 02:12 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

sometimes it's a slow day on the boards...and a busy day at work.

I never even saw your posts???

congrats on Day 5...it's tough in the beginning. someone will be along with ideas.

sometimes you have to put a catchy thought to the tag line to get attention...or run to the Alcoholism or Support forum area.
Old 04-27-2011, 04:49 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Trying...

I try very hard to make sure all posts are answered...as do the other mods and greeters...and a lot of our regular members do too.

It's pretty hard to answer everyone all the time though...we'd have to sit here 24/7, and thats just not feasible.

Just because I don't respond doesn't mean I don't care.
From your posts I assumed you were journalling and not really looking for a response.

My bad.

Congratulations on your Day 5

D