Notices

Not sure I can do this...

Old 04-25-2011, 07:42 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy Not sure I can do this...

So lets see I have had some form of opiate addiction for at least the past 2 years, I just had a baby back in October and even being pregnant couldnt stop me. I was so blessed by God that he didnt suffer any form of withdraw or have any birth defects I finally told my husband abotu my problem, I honestly cant believe he never knew. SO for the past three weeks I have been trying to be clean. I was buying tramadol online and was going through 180 pills ever four or five days, I havent bought or taken any tramadol for about 2 weeks now, but I do get vicodin from my parents every couple days or so, I havent been completely opiate free for more then a few days at a time. I have however gone through major withdraw anyways being suicidal the aches and pains not wanting to do anything but stay in bed and so far as not showering for over a week. My big question is if I dont take anymore vicodin from my parents will I go through all those symptoms again? I need some support to get through it and truly be drug free, my husband is sweet and he is trying to be supportive but like all humans he cant help but be a little selfish. SOmeone tell me that even though I havent been completely clean that these 3 weeks havent been all in vain...
Old 04-25-2011, 07:50 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Michelle

I know nothing about Vicodin or the other drugs you mention - but even if I did, my advice would be to see a Dr and be honest and open with them about your problem.
Get some professional advice.

Be honest and open with your parents too - your getting pills off them is not helping you in any way.

It seems like such a huge undertaking to stop taking drugs and face life sober but it's really not - not if you have support.

You'll find a lot of support here but have you considered NA or something like that too?

You'll find lots of us here who have turned our lives around - I know you can too

Welcome to SR
Old 04-25-2011, 07:59 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Welcome. hope you find some of the support you need here. We have a substance abuse forum here as well that might be able to address your specific question:

Substance Abuse - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

What little I know about opiate addiction is from reading what others addicts have posted. But I recall reading that if you dose to remedy withdrawls, then you are only prolonging them. Good luck.
Old 04-26-2011, 09:43 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks for the responses. I hope I get the support i need here as well. I would come clean to my parents but i just cant disappoint them right now, my father is dying of esophogial cancer and I just couldnt do that to him, or me if i knew he knew what a screw up i was at the end it would break my heart. I just need to be strong but i am such a weak person.
Old 04-26-2011, 10:29 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi Michelle,

Since you can't bring yourself to speak with your father or parents right now, why not take Dee's suggestion and go see your doctor? That's confidential and the person who will have the medical knowledge necessary to discuss withdrawals with you. I think it would not only be medically helpful but most doctors are very sympathetic and can offer some emotional support as well.

Thanks for coming to SR!
Old 04-27-2011, 07:53 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

i lost my insurance recently, currently trying to get insurance through the county i live in.
Old 04-27-2011, 08:19 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Hwdcarver

Wink

one thing I do know, if you go to the E.R. they must treat you, so if your insurance is the problem then, they must treat you for whatever ails you. that is only my suggestion to the problem... my prayers are with you, stand fast, stand strong!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-27-2011, 08:42 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

A lot of places now have fee or low cost clinics - google 'free clinics' and your local area - you may be in luck.

I understand immediate care centres are another option in the US - the walk in after hours clinics type of deal.

Ask if they treat alcohol withdrawal, but I'm reliably informed one can get treated there for $50 or so?

D
Old 04-28-2011, 12:19 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

SR forum can really make a difference , I was in a terrible place not that long ago, and now , looking back, 8 weeks or so, I cant believe how far I have come.

Hang on and hang in .. It can only get better

Well done, just for today, let tomorrow take care of itself

L
Old 04-28-2011, 02:54 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

you can do it meech