Notices

Sponsors?

Old 04-25-2011, 06:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Sponsors?

I am curious if there is a way to get a sponsor/counselor to help in my recovery process..

I am just beginning and feel I could really benefit from having someone 1 on 1 to talk to who has been through this?

At this time, I'm unable to physically GO to meetings. Are there any sponsors available via online or phone?? Just thought I would ask.

Thanks in advance, everyone!
Old 04-25-2011, 07:11 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I don't know of any place to go to find an online or over-the-phone sponsor. But I do know it's been done, and successfully.

I suggest you hang around SR and ask someone who has what you want. If they are recovery-focused, I'd doubt they wouldn't be willing.
Old 04-25-2011, 07:33 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Hi Rose,

Sponsors and counsellors are two very different things.

A sponsor is someone who you ask to guide you through the twelve steps thats it nothing else.

You can find on online sponsor but a face to face one is far better, go to some local meetings and pick someone you think has qualties you admire and ask them.

Finding a counsellor in particular a D&A counsellor should be quite easy via rehabs or your local GP or even in the phone book.

Of course you can always post here too.

Kevin
Old 04-25-2011, 07:43 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you both. I really appreciate it.

Originally Posted by nogard View Post
Hi Rose,

Sponsors and counsellors are two very different things.

A sponsor is someone who you ask to guide you through the twelve steps thats it nothing else.

You can find on online sponsor but a face to face one is far better, go to some local meetings and pick someone you think has qualties you admire and ask them.

Finding a counsellor in particular a D&A counsellor should be quite easy via rehabs or your local GP or even in the phone book.

Of course you can always post here too.

Kevin
Kevin, I did want to tell you.. I just saw that quote underneath your name...
"Everything is already ok"
That really resonated with me. Not sure why, but it gave me a sense of peace. So thank you for inadvertently, helping!
Old 04-25-2011, 08:26 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Yeah I know always give me a sense of peace and belonging, it was coined by an SR Member called Lbad, she is not around a lot anymore but I keep in touch with her on Facebook.