SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Having Trouble handling thieves (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/225298-having-trouble-handling-thieves.html)

Mcribb 04-22-2011 08:42 AM

Having Trouble handling thieves

I had some cd's and my mp3 player stolen from my car a couple weeks ago. I spent lots of time and energy getting those objects. Now my mp3 I just ordered was delivered to my apartment was stolen. I am trying to pray for peace, but I am in frustration mode. I know it is not the end of the world. My part in this, is I should have gone to the store to got an mp3 player and not have it delivered. I am trying to pray for those who have stolen from me.

God I pray for those people who have stole from me, I hope they see their wrongs and that they may be forgiven.

I know I have stolen before I am trying to learn as much as possible from this. Ok I am starting to feel better now.

Mcribb 04-22-2011 08:43 AM

I also have a video game that is to be delivered the 25th and I am trying to keep that from being stolen as well, I am trying to really take the attitude of providing for the poor or having a good attitude about the situation. It is painful and I want to strive to have it not ruin my day.

Mcribb 04-22-2011 08:45 AM

I guess this is where let go and let god comes in. I better write that out a couple times. read it out loud some and have someone tell me that a couple times.

Mcribb let go and let God
mcribb let go and let God

suki44883 04-22-2011 08:47 AM

Can you have your things delivered to a different address, like a family member or a friend? Can you get a P.O. Box so packages aren't left on your porch, which is just asking for someone to take them? If you have had packages stolen, then don't order through the mail. Go to the store and buy what you want. You'll save shipping charges that way, too.

DayTrader 04-22-2011 08:49 AM

heh......that's a different kinda prayer than what I've found to work, Ribb. Yer not an AA guy are ya?

either way, best of luck to ya - resentments and fear are dangerous emotions to mess with.

Anna 04-22-2011 09:06 AM

McRibb, I think you're doing great praying for the people who stole from you. And, also recognizing that this somehow ties in with things you stole. That's how we grow, that's how we move forward with recovery.

I am sorry this happened to you, but hopefully you can find a way to avoid this problem in the future.

Mcribb 04-22-2011 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by DayTrader (Post 2943816)
heh......that's a different kinda prayer than what I've found to work, Ribb. Yer not an AA guy are ya?

either way, best of luck to ya - resentments and fear are dangerous emotions to mess with.

yeah I am an AA guy. 9th step right now.

Mcribb 04-22-2011 09:17 AM

We have found that justified anger ought to be left to those better qualified to handle it.

I am going to do a 4th step on it right now with the columns

Mcribb 04-22-2011 09:25 AM

I have some work to do that is one thing this has shown me as well. That something pretty small can get me so angry.

Kjell 04-22-2011 09:25 AM

Hi McRibb-

You've been wronged, no doubt. I'm not sure what part you play in the fact that these things were stolen from you from your car and house.

I think now is the time to work on how you handle this all.

Sorry man, but the days go on.

Kjell~

Kjell 04-22-2011 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by Mcribb (Post 2943837)
I have some work to do that is one thing this has shown me as well. That something pretty small can get me so angry.

Most people, if not all would be angry too.

...but here's where you can be different (by using the tools you've learned in AA).

Kjell~

Mcribb 04-22-2011 09:31 AM

Thank you Kjell.

Hollyanne 04-22-2011 03:30 PM

Yes, McCribb, you must pray for the thieves.
May I suggest,
"Lord, may the fleas of a thousand camels infest their armpits."
I always like to help. lol.

Dee74 04-22-2011 03:42 PM

I'm sorry for your troubles McRibb.
Maybe a PO box is the best solution, or going to the store?

D