Notices

first post

Old 04-19-2011, 01:00 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

first post

just looking for some suport.... been on suboxen for 2 1/2 years now and before that i was addicted to pain pills for 3 or 4 years. i really really want to get off suboxen!!! i really dont have 1 person i can turn to when im having a. bad day. been having a lot of them lately.
Old 04-19-2011, 01:17 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome, We specialize in bad days here There should be someone along shortly who can be of more help than I.

Ron
Old 04-19-2011, 01:45 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

hi Reiders. good for you for wanting to get off the sub. i got off it myself, so it can definitely be done. couple questions.. are you prescribed the sub by a doc, and if so have you talked with them about your desire to get off? also, what dosage are you on?
Old 04-19-2011, 01:57 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi thx

I am prescribed by a dr. I am on 16 mg. Ithas been a roller coaster ride for me. And yes he knows I want off. I am just having so much trouble with thus sob. I feel hopeless most of the times and very depressed. And I know some of it has to do with not working. I'm self emPloyed and it gets slow at times and when it does it drives me crazy. I never really have had anyone to talk with. I've tried groups, therapist, just never works out for me. But with just talking through this seems to already helped me some
Old 04-19-2011, 02:15 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

What did your doc say when you told him you want off?
Old 04-19-2011, 02:33 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

We are going to start lowering dose very soon. The hard part is I'm scared cause I believe I'm addicted to sob now!
Old 04-19-2011, 02:53 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi reiders

Welcome

I know it's scary but I'd trust your doctor. As I understand it, tapering is usually very gentle and not at all rapid.

We have a Suboxone Maintenance forum here - you might find it good to read and speak to people there as well

Suboxone/Methadone Maintenance or Detox - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

D