Notices

Sober and unsocial

Old 04-21-2011, 02:32 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I am not as social as I was drinking but the people I was social with while drinking were mostly other drinkers.
I’m sure it’s got to be hard on younger people going to school and not yet started family’s but I also think it’s normal to feel this way for a while.
Old 04-21-2011, 06:47 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Thriving sober since 12/18/08

I became quite the homebody myself after I sobered up. I don't think there's anything wrong with that Plus, you're doing a TON of great things for yourself, a little in home respite from your busy days is probably just what you need!

Once sober, I realized I'm really NOT that gregarious party girl, I'm NOT that social.. (I do like people.. but in a normal, sober, non exaggerated way lol), and I'm content with my new sober life.
Old 04-21-2011, 07:24 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
dfw

I've been trying to force myself to get out and spend time with friends, who may or may not be drinking. They all know what I've been through, and there's no pressure. But I do agree with the person that said you have to re-learn to be social. I find myself practicing being social anytime and anywhere...strike up a conversation with the clerk at the gas station, break the elevator code of silence, etc. Then when you actually need, or want, to be social with peers, it's much easier (in my opinion).

As for being lazy? My favorite author once remarked the most valuable thing you have is your attention, and what you choose to give it to. Life is too darn short to use your attention idly day in and day out.