Notices

Back from the Rabbit Hole

Old 04-17-2011, 07:55 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Back from the Rabbit Hole

Firstly I want to say thank you to everyone that was so supportive of me when I was here the first time... I'm sorry I went back to that dark place... you think you can control yourself and that one time will be enough, but of course it never works that way.

Things got pretty bad for me... to the point that I was using at work, stealing from people, lying to my closest friends... *sigh* but I'm back at square one. Ready to try again. I've been to my second counselling session, although it took a few weeks to get there from my first, and I am feeling better. I had a friend come over last week because I was coming down really hard and couldn't find the strength to even make it home after work. I had been up for days, so hungry that I was able to eat when I was high... I think the worst thing though was someone at work commenting on how thin I was looking in the face. I've always been slim... but never unhealthy-looking.

I've thought about coming on here a few times, but honestly I felt really ashamed of myself. I hate admitting how much this substance has taken control of my life... but I refuse to stop fighting. I can't just give up and die... not yet, right?

I guess I'm just looking for support... you all are so wonderful at revitalizing my energy to keep putting one foot in front of the other. I told my mother what's been going on... and now if for no one else, I have to do this for her. I can't let her see me fail like this. She came over and made me breakfast this morning... trying to fatten me up . It's nice to be taken care of sometimes, but it's time to find my own strength.

Here's to the future... no more burned fingers I have to try and explain to my co-workers... no more hallucinations that I try to justify to people before realizing the voices are just in my head... no more giving up. It's time to fight.
Old 04-17-2011, 08:12 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome back FallenAngelPDX.

Lat time really can be the last time - you'll find support here

D
Old 04-17-2011, 08:29 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I know... and I hate to blame everything on breaking up with my (now) ex... but I feel like that was the turning point for me. I just couldn't deal anymore... but now it's all about me. I need to be the reason I want to get better.
Old 04-17-2011, 08:40 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome back. I find it easier to give up rather than to fight. My DOC is alcohol - namely 100 proof Kentucky Bourban. The harder I fought it, the harder it kicked my asss... Not trying to split hairs, but this mindset has helped me quite a bit.

I've spent my entire life fighting people, places, and things and it's gotten me nowhere. It was time for me to try something else. Thank god I did!

Best of luck to you!
Old 04-17-2011, 09:05 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Happy to have you back. :ghug3
Old 04-17-2011, 09:05 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome Back!!!
Old 04-17-2011, 09:11 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome back Angel.
Old 04-17-2011, 09:11 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome back, I am so glad you are here.
Old 04-17-2011, 09:21 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thank you... I have had to resist so much temptation tonight... got a text from a random number asking if I wanted to party.... thank god I'm at work right now and it didn't pan out. I might need to change my number actually, really just cut ties with anyone who might offer me bad things...
Old 04-17-2011, 09:25 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

I needed to make a lot of changes in my life, yeah.
I tried living soberly while still living my old life and it just didn't work.

If you want changes, you have to make changes I think

D
Old 04-17-2011, 09:30 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I'm beginning to really understand that, Dee. Sometimes it seems so obvious yet it's still one of the hardest things to do...