SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Being honest with myself (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/224813-being-honest-myself.html)

30Sober 04-16-2011 02:33 AM

Being honest with myself

I can't lie to myself anymore.

I am tired of blaming my alcoholism on:
- failed relationships
- being depressed
- failure to live up to expectations
- being gay
- feeling as though the world is against me

I am tired of the excuses.
I am tired of escaping down a bottle.
I am tired of the guilt, the shame and the hangovers.

I am tired.

But I want to make things right.
I know I am almost powerless against this disease but I won't let it kill me.

Enough is enough.

jessiecat777 04-16-2011 03:45 AM

well said!

ACT10Npack 04-16-2011 06:54 AM

30Sober, start working on your problems and learning how to deal with the cravings. Life is not over yet.

artsoul 04-16-2011 06:59 AM

Welcome 30sober - I'm so glad you've joined us. I finally decided to stop too, after years of banging my head against the same old wall. I think I really scared myself as to how much alcohol controlled me.

We have so many great people here - so much support...... it makes all the difference to know others are going through the same thing and really care about how you're feeling.

Little by little I got my life back, and you can too.....:ghug3

ItWillBeWorthIt 04-16-2011 07:15 AM

Welcome 30Sober... so glad you found us, hope you love hanging out here as much as I do. There are so many kind, caring, supportive and helpful people here. Keep reading and post when you feel like it... the key is keep coming back, it works.

I, like yourself, used SO many excuses as to why I needed to drink. Now, I kinda laugh at myself thinking back at all the excuses I used... but at the same time realize I was very sick. Alcohol alters our brain and makes us think differently, this knowledge gained (through reading) along with doctor's input make me understand this more.

I am glad you are tired of it and have a strong desire to improve your life -- it is well worth the work.

Good luck on your journey 30Sober!

EmeraldRose 04-16-2011 07:57 AM

Yep, I know whatcha mean...glad you're here because they is an awesome support system.

Missy7 04-16-2011 08:29 AM

Welcome to SR. Post and read, post and read. There is never a time when someone isn't on here who is deeply invested in your success.

jessiecat777 04-16-2011 09:10 AM

love it

Originally Posted by Missy7 (Post 2936853)
Welcome to SR. Post and read, post and read. There is never a time when someone isn't on here who is deeply invested in your success.

you are just fabulous darling...always a kind word....you make me smile:):c031:

30Sober 04-16-2011 12:10 PM

Thank you so much to everyone of you. Your kind words mean a lot to me.

coffeenut 04-17-2011 07:38 AM

Very well said!