Notices

Day Four AM

Old 04-13-2011, 07:55 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day Four AM

I promise not to keep doing daily posts after a week. Okay? Then I'll just check in on existing posts and only post myself if I have something of content. But I'm so glad to have you guys. It's surprising how little support there is for this in my world. I cannot tell my officemate, it would explain too much. My husband doesn't quite buy it. I won't say it this way to my kids. But I have a problem with alcohol and every day counts for me!!!

I will work today. That will be good. I'm supposed to walk with friends at 6:00. I will do sober karaoke this evening. I promise to check back in this evening and tell you guys that I sat there and listened and did not drink at about 11:00 this evening. I think it's good to test myself early. If I can't do it Mister Man no longer sings karaoke.

In the meantime, I'll check in during the day.

Day four! My complexion looks good. I feel good. Packing my lunch isn't stressful. The dog doesn't bother me. I got out of bed earlier than I had to. I have to do this!
Old 04-13-2011, 07:58 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Keep going Missy! I have almost five months and do recall that after day 4, I started to feel physically better. You will not regret this and just think if you stay on this sober path, you will never have to do those first four days of sobriety ever again.
Old 04-13-2011, 08:04 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Keep posting away, and keep come back here for support.

Sounds like you have a good day planned out. Very nice!
Old 04-13-2011, 08:09 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Way to Go Missy. My first 3 days were the worst, progressively. Day 4 things began to get better.

And day 5 better than 4....

And day 6 better than 5....

And so on and so on...

Great job!
Zube
Old 04-13-2011, 08:11 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm three days in now and feeling very proud of each day and I'm so so grateful to be able to post and read how others are doing too. Its exciting to think a new way of life is unfolding, free of guilt and hiding and trying to catch a moment to sneak a drink without anyone noticing... I wish you the best Missy!
Old 04-13-2011, 08:13 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I came back this morning to see if you'd checked in! I know we don't *know* each other's lives but I sure do *KNOW* some of your struggles since I share them!
Old 04-13-2011, 08:19 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

" I will do sober karaoke this evening. I promise to check back in this evening and tell you guys that I sat there and listened and did not drink at about 11:00 this evening. I think it's good to test myself early. "

Missy- in my own, very humble, opinion, be careful about testing yourself early on. There's a saying amongst us alcoholics...

"If you keep walking into a barber shop eventually you're going to get a haircut"

Good Luck to you,
Zube
Old 04-13-2011, 08:37 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

I agree with Zube. Send your hubby off with a kiss and tell him to enjoy himself. Tell him you are staying home because while he may not quite "buy it..." this recovery business of yours, you are serious about it.

Four days is awesome. Make day five your gift to yourself.
Old 04-13-2011, 09:07 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I think I'll have:

"If you keep walking into a barber shop eventually you're going to get a haircut"

tattooed on somewhere. I love it.

Best of luck to all of us!

Thanks guys.
Old 04-13-2011, 02:52 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Congratulations Missy, I'm on day 4 too!