Notices

When will it get easier II

Old 04-12-2011, 09:41 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

When will it get easier II

Today was such a crappy day! My husband isn't speaking to me I have to put on a happy face for our 4 year old and pretend all is well. But inside I feel ashamed and dissapointed. I should have know better, I did know better! Lately our finances have me so stressed (my husband is laid-off and I dont work) that the sleep-aid in the benedryl was a welcomed side-effect. I did know better, I just didn't want to admit it! But now I dont know how to deal with this over whelming feeling of darkness once again. I've been here so many times before. I hate feeling like this, but yet I have put myself here again and again.
Old 04-13-2011, 03:16 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

rain in my heart....
theres a bbc documentary about six alcoholics in england ,and the film crew films them over the course of a year.
if you want to see the devastating truths of this disease watch it ...it WILL shock you to your core.
it is on you tube in 10 parts about an hour and a half..
the reality of alcohol at its worst
Old 04-13-2011, 03:19 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

The plus to all of this: you are NOT alone. There is a huge group of us who have most likely done something similar. Keep coming back, okay.
Old 04-13-2011, 03:46 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hang in there. I does get better. I'm only on day 10 myself but it's already getting better.

:ghug3
Old 04-13-2011, 04:13 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

He really isn't speaking to you? You were only taking Benadryl and that's a mistake. You stopped it, right? He's probably just hurt because he is stressed about his job and your behavior reminded him of negative behavior he thought was over. I'm sure you are representing appropriately now, right? Make dinner. Play cards. Do things with him that show him how well you are engaging.

Hang in there. Keep posting.
Old 04-13-2011, 04:29 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you feel better.

You don't need to be in this dark place again. You can move forward with your recovery.
Old 04-13-2011, 08:44 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=Missy7;2933959]He really isn't speaking to you? You were only taking Benadryl and that's a mistake. You stopped it, right?

Yes Missy7 my Benadryl days are OVER! Anf today tings are bettter with us. Thank God! I really can't stand him neing mad and dissapointed in me. It's one of the biggest reasons I got clean.