Notices

6 Days Sober - Is This Normal

Old 04-11-2011, 01:09 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Time will cure the tiredness. The fog will start lifting daily. Even afterer 70+ days I still have moments of clarity and I get a jolt of reality.
I slept more, too...I let myself stay in bed if I didn't HAVE to get up. I used to get up at 6am and I figure after raising 4 kids and losing alot of sleep and my youngest being 18 I deserve to make myself better and be kind to me. Your body needs the rest to heal...and it makes dealing with your emotions easier, too.
Old 04-11-2011, 10:09 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Welcome UC... I'm very thankful for this forum too.

I "detoxed" the first three days at home (which I know now isn't so wise). The first few days I had the DTs and, according to my wife, was having violent muscle spasms at night. On the 4th-14th day I was in a 24/7 rehab facility. We could only have 2 cups of caffeinated coffee in the morning and before 9:30. They also fed us a diet that was VERY high in carbs.

From what I learned while in treatment I know that there are many disorders that are both self-medicated and caused by alcohol. I saw great improvement among many of my peers once they were under close medical care by qualified medical staff.

Keep it up. There are people with great experience on this forum. I'm on day 56 of this amazing journey. All is not roses but I smell less of the fertilizer.
Old 04-12-2011, 03:11 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Practice Sobriety

I am 7th months sober and I am still really really tired all the time. I've been told it is just me dealing with the stress that I ususally just avoided.
Old 10-15-2023, 04:58 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

sober lethargy

Thanks for sharing your situation on day 6. I am in precisely the same place and feel similar. Day 2-4 I could barely stay awake. Day 5 I noticed improvement, but still didn't sleep well last night. Here it is day 6 and I am going to follow the advice of so many, drink more water, remove stress, exercise, proper nutrition and keep moving forward. I quit last year for awhile and went through the same lethargy, but didn't know what it was. The physician I saw thought sleep apnea, but I was relieved to find that many have the same lethargy experience in early sobriety. Be well, keep moving forward and stay positive
Old 10-15-2023, 06:19 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

This is a historical thread, but well done on 6 days, Ranger. As you know from last year, there’ll be all sorts of aches and pains at first. I thought I must’ve been seriously ill, but things slowly improved. Hopefully you can learn from last year and avoid a repeat.
Old 10-15-2023, 12:46 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR Ranger. Congrats on day 6!
Feel free to start your own thread if you like

D