SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Write the Name of One Person Who Has Helped You on SR (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/224318-write-name-one-person-who-has-helped-you-sr.html)

stacylove 04-09-2011 02:07 PM

Write the Name of One Person Who Has Helped You on SR

Hello everyone, So many people have helped and supported me on SR I wanted to thank all of you. There is so many more than one person but I thought it would be nice, if we could each write down the name of one peron that has helped you on this website. Believe me, when I say I have way more than one, but at the current moment I'm going with:

JohnBarleyCorn Thank you!

Now please tell me one name of someone who has been there for you....

Anth 04-09-2011 02:28 PM

I can't pick just one...

GettingStronger2 and Ozgodess...

The night I stepped into chat for an online meeting when I couldn't get to one IRL. Thank you both. :c031:

Dee74 04-09-2011 02:32 PM

I think basically everyone here has helped me at one time or another - lets make this more of a collective shoutout guys :)

thanks everyone - I'm proud to be part of this community :grouphug:

D

Fandy 04-09-2011 02:34 PM

My first friend on SR was Toronto68...he babysat me through my first sober weekend...

there are countless others who support me and i treasure everyone....I try to log in every day.....it's like brushing my teeth.

least 04-09-2011 02:38 PM

I have been helped by many here and love them all. I too am delighted to be part of this family.:hug:

stacylove 04-09-2011 02:40 PM

You can name more than one I guess, no rules lol, I just wanted to make some ppl feel good, I also have:

Rachel, elfgirl, TotallyOverIt, Mirage, Bevin, Yoli, Postparty, SimplyFab, VodkaLover, Dee, Nancyj, and many many more, sorry if I didn't mention you, you know I love you!!

iliveforyou 04-09-2011 02:49 PM

The first person that responded to my post, was FailedTaper - thanks to her, I stuck around SR :) Also, a thank you to IWILLBEFREE :) SO many people have been there for me and I want to thank each and every one of you!
-Jess

Fandy 04-09-2011 03:01 PM

OK, DEE!!! (who moved my first thread because i put itin the wrong spot), Rusty Zipper, Least, Horselover, Sneezy, Ruebina, Hevyn, ANN,ANNA, LeFemme, Suki, Pattennat, newbie, Supercrew,and scores of others who wish me well every single day.

i have learned the attitude of gratitude....(and how to eat properly from Ghostly)...

if i have missed anyone, it is not a slight....i'm tired from shopping and cleaning.

EmeraldRose 04-09-2011 03:02 PM

Everybody! :ring

aussieblue 04-09-2011 03:21 PM

I want to thank greebobeebo she got me to this site and to the help I needed.
Also my mates the Marchers.

stacylove 04-09-2011 03:21 PM

I realize everyone is a help on here, even inadvertantly (sp?), I don't want to make it sound like anyone is better than anyone else. I just wanted to give people the chance to put a shout out to someone that may not know they helped someone or may be having a bad day, I mean it's always nice to hear how you made a difference to someone. So I do LOVE YOU ALL ;)
It's all good put that name out there.

CarolD 04-09-2011 03:35 PM

A better way to show your aprreciation is to use PM.
:yup:
I'm thinking of the hurt feeling members could have from not being picked out.

No I won't be adding specific names...thanks to all of our SR members
who are sharing and caring....:You_Rock_

Lipitor 04-09-2011 03:47 PM

The two biggest influences on me to date are

RESET

and

REGGIEWAYNE

and everyone else who uses a computer

Thanks all

L

stacylove 04-09-2011 03:53 PM

Well this happens in real life too? I don't know? Radio shoutouts, at work? yearbooks? I hope they can handle it, I didn't mean any harm by it. :(

GettingStronger2 04-09-2011 03:58 PM

Stacy, I think the thread was a good idea. Sometimes people really help us, and they never realize it, and we never get a chance to thank them.

Having said that, there are so many here -- everyone really -- who have helped me in one way or another. I could start listing them, but inevitably I would leave someone off the list.

So to everyone: Keep reaching out for help, keeping reaching out with support, even in disagreement. You never know who needs to hear what you have to say.

Thank you all!

recoverywfaith 04-09-2011 05:02 PM

We recover together and I am so very grateful to be sober and part of SR and know I can not do it alone. Many thanks to all whom share their ESH.

Anna 04-09-2011 05:05 PM

We do recover together and we are a family here at SR and we all help each other.

phytoman 04-09-2011 05:07 PM

Thanks everyone! :You_Rock_

Taking5 04-10-2011 03:56 AM

Too many to list. And we get new people all the time.

There is one guy who is no longer around that helped me a lot - Tazman53.

lillyknitting 04-10-2011 04:16 AM

Hi, there are loads and loads of people who have said things that have helped me greatly but the one person who springs to mind is LaFemme, she always says things that I can connect with and sounds on my wavelength and not too much AA speak that puts me off. Thanks LaFemme x