Notices

Write the Name of One Person Who Has Helped You on SR

Old 04-16-2011, 02:06 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Thanking everyone at SR. You saved my life and my family.
Old 04-16-2011, 04:19 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Abnormally normal

I love this site and it's because of everbody here. All its members are what make this site what it is. The different opinions sometimes make reading very interesting, but at the end of the day, we're all here for the same reason.

But to say who has helped me, has to come from moments when I first joined.
ANEWAUGUST...when I first posted on "Moms and Dads who drink" I was very scared, nervous and ashamed. Then I read a post by her, saying how she could've written my post verbatim, I new I had found the right place for me. It made me feel so much better to know I wasn't alone, and ANEWAUGUST's post did that for me.
Another is..
Reggiewayne...I was having one of the worst nights ever since sober and really, really, REALLY wanted to drink. I was doing everything possible to distract myself, but still wanted to drive to the liquor store. My last attempt to distract myself was to log on here. I did and came across Reggiewaynes "Relapse" thread. I cried a little when I read it and new I was gonna be ok. I remembered why I was sober and it restored reasons why I couldn't and wouldn't want to drink. It literally saved me that night! Again..Thank you!

I've made many friends here and I love that this site is a huge part of my sobriety.
And a huge shot out to my "chat" friends...
Stacylove (who makes me laugh so much!) Manz, oz, kevin, vodkalover, and all of the rest I chat w/. You guys make my anxiety nights go by quickly. I can't wait to connect w/ so many more of my SR family.