Notices

Write the Name of One Person Who Has Helped You on SR

Old 04-10-2011, 04:37 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I agree with Lillyknitting-La Femme seems to always have the right thing to say in my short short experience here on SR(10 days and counting). Thanks to everyone tho!!!!!
Old 04-10-2011, 04:42 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

The entire SR community has been a blessing in my life.....all of you in some way, shape or form helped and encouraged me through your support and experience to get sober and into recovery to live a new life.

I just couldn't give out certain names here.....I know that I have been strengthened just by reading posts and responses. Plus, I don't have the memory to remember each and every name so someone would surely feel down if they felt excluded and there are just too darn many of ya here since I came to SR is January of 2010

SR is good stuff!!
Old 04-10-2011, 08:36 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I think its a great idea for a thread. A stink thread would be 'who on SR p*sses you off' which brings me to a valid point, there are people here who aggravate me, however often I realise its the things about them that annoy me, that I really need to work on myself. Other people make brilliant mirrors yknow....and improving ourselves is the basis of recovery, is it not? I could be wrong, I frequently am

Like many, I cant name JUST one, but Dee, Zencat, Live, recycle and supercrew first come to mind.
Old 04-10-2011, 08:41 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I have been "here" for years and I have received help from so many people, some who may not even realize how much they helped me. The newcomer who posts and helps me remember why, the person with 30 years who helps me to remember who, etc.

The support here is amazing and I have referred many people over the years. Some people I have met in real life and some who I have met online in other forums. This place is amazing.
Old 04-10-2011, 09:35 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I get something from everyone. I very much appreciate the newcomers who come on to SR and post with sincerity and honesty.... and, even if it's just burgeoning... willingness. And I appreciate everyone who shares their own experience with us, even if it's very different from mine, well, sometimes, especially, when it's different, from mine.

Always remember though, it's principles before personalities!!
Old 04-10-2011, 11:12 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I am grateful for everyone here....to me you are all little angels!!!!
Old 04-10-2011, 11:16 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ainslie View Post
A stink thread would be 'who on SR p*sses you off' which brings me to a valid point, there are people here who aggravate me, however often I realise its the things about them that annoy me, that I really need to work on myself. Other people make brilliant mirrors yknow....and improving ourselves is the basis of recovery, is it not?
I don't know about others, but I often learn quite a bit from the people that annoy me.

People I "squabble" with often tend to make a lasting impression. :-)
Old 04-10-2011, 11:19 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Life the gift of recovery!

I am thankful for everyone here. There is definitely more than one person who has touched my life and helped me here at SR. I do have to say all the mods, admin and greeters have done an excellent job and without them SR would not be a safe and welcome place. I truly appreciate each of them and the job they do.

One greeter in particular is the reason I first stuck around. When she greeted me I really felt the warmth that SR has to offer and welcome here. Her name is Rowan. She no longer comes here at least from what I see. But I am truly thankful she was here when I needed it.
Old 04-10-2011, 11:47 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Captainzing2000
Old 04-10-2011, 11:57 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
rode hard and put away wet

least, dee, carol, kjell, keithj, lillyknitting, loveontwolegs, reubena, coffeelover, neo, isaiah, lafemme, sarah78, danae, stanleyhouse, supercrew, daywalker, 24hours,1day, fandy, wicked,smacked, dgillz, stevie1,anna, OKLABH, Genjen, johnbarleycorn, maryjan, coolmummy, stephnc, Lexicat, EmeraldRose,SSIL74, pinkfirefly, sleepie. and oh, so many more....

I am so humbled and so grateful to be here. thanks, y'all.
Old 04-10-2011, 02:17 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Everyone here has been a help in some way....I'm grateful to be part of SR. Jomey
Old 04-13-2011, 02:19 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Daytrader and Keithj
Old 04-13-2011, 02:32 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Editor

I want to thank God for helping my find SR that lonesome and pitiful Monday morning. Everyone of you have helped me in one way or another.This is truly a special place.
Day by Day
Dave
Old 04-13-2011, 04:22 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

I found this site by accident and several people responded immediately. So while I could name a few who made more sense it is a collective. It isn't that one of you is there--it's that all of you are there. That's how I can post a concern and have three responses in 30 minutes. That's a good friend. An all the time friend. A friend I don't want to let down. A friend whose own success is as fragile as mine and who needs me to do the right thing so they know they can do the right thing.

I love the thread, but this is the truest community I have ever found.
Old 04-13-2011, 04:27 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Sunny Side Up

I didnt want to name one person at all as I love each and everyone of you here and many, many people I just simply adore. Thanks to everyone who knows me.

I remember when I first came here something like over 3 years ago and I needed a friend. His name was Tazman. His gorgeous nature and advice helped me so much. But after time he was one of those who left the forum. I would love to know if he is ok..

JJ
Old 04-15-2011, 05:27 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Most of the people who helped me when I first came here 6 years ago are no longer here except for Pat MG Anna and Carol

SR simply saved my life, saved me from me, for that I am grateful everyday
Old 04-15-2011, 05:29 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

If your here then you help me so thank you
Old 04-15-2011, 05:30 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Not sure I like or agree with this thread, as Carol says.
Think I would close it if I was able
Old 04-15-2011, 05:38 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Not all better, getting better

I agree with JohnBarleycorn in that some of those who helped the most said things that I might not have wanted to hear at the time.

There are dozens and dozens of names I could list of those who have helped me, but two in particular come to mind.

Doorknob, who showed me that secular forms of recovery do exist and can be successful, and Dee, for being...well Dee. I think anyone who's been here for more than 24 hours know what I mean by that!!!
Old 04-15-2011, 07:40 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

big batta boom

i must say all who have typed their feelings and what they are going through as well as those who gave great advice...lots of love to all of you you have helped me today...thanks...and the big batta boom thing is directed to your avatar...think about a scene from that movie...love her!(and bruce willis lol)