Notices

sorry everyone

Old 04-09-2011, 06:33 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

sorry everyone

I'm feeling really bad now. Coming down on my high on alcohol. My headaches and just sitting here on my computer. Feeling stupid and I hope I didn't hurt no one feelings.

sorry again.
:day6
Old 04-09-2011, 06:36 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

ACT10Npack,

Sorry to hear that, I hope you make the choice to leave booze behind for good. Pick your self up, dust yourself off and get back in the game.
Old 04-09-2011, 06:41 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Drinking was unavoidable for me unless I treated my alcoholism.

Not drinking was not treating my alcoholism.

I realized I was always going to drink again regardless of the consequences when I was left to my own devices.

Abstinence, trying hard not to drink, is my own device to fix a problem that I simply can't comprehend.

A spiritual awakening, true recovery and relief from the desire to drink, is a result of a different device-- the steps of AA.

I am powerless; I am therefore not responsible for my inability to not drink.

I am however, completely responsible for treating the underlying disease that drives my drinking.
Old 04-09-2011, 07:54 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good luck, Action. We're all in this together.
Old 04-09-2011, 08:12 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

We recover together...been there; but guess what - you do not ever have to drink again!
Old 04-09-2011, 08:30 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Dear Frothy Jay, I believe you are right. I am struggling and cannot find any spirituality. I know this is the only way forward but I am just having such a hard time believing myself. How did you get there?
Old 04-09-2011, 08:32 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hey Action, good luck...keep at it ok? *hugs*
Old 04-09-2011, 08:52 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Welcome back to SR....

Many of us started over before we found our way
....You too can win over alcohol
Old 04-09-2011, 08:54 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by hibou View Post
Dear Frothy Jay, I believe you are right. I am struggling and cannot find any spirituality. I know this is the only way forward but I am just having such a hard time believing myself. How did you get there?
I found recovery through the steps of AA, and someone showing me how to do them as AA intended.

Importantly, I did not believe much before I did them-- in myself, or even in a higher power. What I believed more than anything was that I was out of options-- that I was completely powerless over alcohol. Some call it the gift of desperation.

And to be clear on what "spirituality" is-- for me, it's mainly clarity. It's not some overwhelming sense of a diety in my life-- it's clarity about my first step-- and relief from the desire to drink. I hear no voices, I don't speak in tongues, I don't levitate. I don't want to drink, and I want to share what I did with other alcoholics because that's how I maintain it. And each day, I take this gift and I try to nuture it just a bit-- through getting quiet and being concious of the change in me, through asking God to direct my thinking, and trying to be of maximum service to other people. I do this while having a family and a job and other demands, so I am far from perfect at it. But I do not want to drink because the steps cleared those things in my life that were blocking me off from a power that could solve my problem.

So what do you do? You find a sponsor who's done the steps out of the Big Book. You ask them what they did-- you interview them before asking them to help you. And then you do what they suggest. And that willingness is all that's required from you.
Old 04-09-2011, 09:55 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

You're back & that's what matters. You found out it wasn't fun or relaxing, just led you right back to misery. That's valuable information you can use.

You can do it - just get back to work on your sobriety. We're all hoping for the best for you.