Notices

9 yrs. 4 mths. shot

Old 04-10-2011, 07:45 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Hi stacylove. Thank you for the kind words. WOW, I had never thought about being an insperation. Yes this is a dark place and I also do not like it one bit. I remember exactly what was going through my head when I quit. I thought, I have been on this journey ( drinking and yes drugs) for along time, so I said I'am going to take another journey and go 100% clean and see how that goes. I think I may have been expecting to much lately and became discouraged. I hope this helps.
Old 04-11-2011, 02:28 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

How are you going today ???

L
Old 04-11-2011, 05:11 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Today

Feeling pretty good today. Off to work and try to keep a positive attitude.
Old 04-11-2011, 05:57 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by cantakeit View Post
Feeling pretty good today. Off to work and try to keep a positive attitude.
good to hear man..
Old 04-11-2011, 01:50 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by stacylove View Post
I find myself saying only today and then changing it to only tomorrow too, ok I will stop on Monday, or next week or on the 1st, it never ends. I hate this feeling, and I see the struggle never ends.
That's because contrary to popular wisdom, recovery is not one day at a time, ADDICTION IS.

When you are addicted, all you care about is today - the next high, and that feeling supersedes any thoughts of the long-term future.

You know the date you where born, but do you know how many days it has been since your last birthday? Do you count the days since then? Somehow I doubt it.

Stop counting days !
Old 04-11-2011, 04:31 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Hey--just yesterday

You wrote me a long note about your achievements on my Day One. I know you can do this because you were so helpful to me--YESTERDAY.

On the other hand, I've just had a phone call changing an appontment this afternoon--so I thought I would have a drink.

The kitchen is a mess--I could open a bottle of wine and enjoy cleaning it.

It's sunny outside. I need a drink to celebrate.

The problem is that I (we?) can't have a drink cause it's okay today. I know that if I have a glass of wine I will get tired and need another. And I know where to get tequila. And I will.

So the response is--don't start.

But more important: If you do start, don't assume you have to keep going. And maybe it's nice to have a long time with no setbacks, but it's starting over that will make you strong. That's the test. It isn't a matter of whether you can keep doing something that is going well. It's whether you can climb back up.

Man, I couldn't imagine getting through this without this listserv. And you know we are here for you--even use newbies who are still shiny with the love and caring others (largely you) offer.
Old 04-11-2011, 04:39 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Encourager In Training

Originally Posted by Missy7 View Post
I know that if I have a glass of wine I will get tired and need another. And I know where to get tequila. And I will.
And every crumb of knowlege we glean about WHY we do WHAT we do is a little piece of recovery.

Wonderful insight, Missy7.
Old 04-11-2011, 04:52 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Ranger." Why we do what we do" that interests me, I will give it some thought. Thanks.