Notices

Pain

Old 04-07-2011, 10:01 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Pain

I was totally sober for six days in a row last week. Being sober for even one day has been rare for me this last decade or so. There is this pain I have been ignoring, and I find that without alcohol and canabionnoids I can no longer ignore it.

The whole left side of my head hurts, from my neck all the way up to the top. The pain has been there coming and going since 2007, when I caught some bug and was really sick for a couple weeks. I ignore it by medicating myself everyday. I thought it was a bad tooth, and maybe it is. But I went to the VA last year around this time expecting to have a few teeth pulled, and the X-ray showed no serious problem with my teeth.

The pain is getting worse. My blood pressure is up, 140/90, so maybe that has something to do with the pain. I'm going to call the VA tomorrow as much I distrust Doctors. I think it might be a latent infection that keeps popping up. I really hope I don't have cancer, that would suck. Meanwhile the alcohol is killing me so I have to stop drinking.

I don't want to be high anymore, I just want to be pain free so that I can focus on getting stuff done.

Thanks for reading.

Dan
Old 04-07-2011, 10:19 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Hi Dan - good for you for going to get it checked out...... I don't like doctors either, but I know that we can create worse problems if we just ignore the ones we have now.

I had migraines when I was a teenager but found they started again and got worse when I was drinking (red wine especially).... I rarely get them anymore.

I wouldn't jump to any conclusions (like cancer)...... just stay focused on your sobriety and take things as they come. I wish you all the best!:ghug3
Old 04-07-2011, 10:31 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're seeing a Dr, Dan. Best of luck.

D
Old 04-07-2011, 11:18 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Ouch Dan...sorry to know this is happening.
Hope the doctors will give you answers...