Notices

Emotional Hangover

Old 04-04-2011, 05:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Emotional Hangover

Finally happened today. Everyone was/has been so amazed at how calm I have been but today it happened. Actually, back up. Started a few days ago. Had about 30-40 minutes where I went from one extreme to the other, crying, laughing, angry, sad, tired, wired...the list goes on. Then calm again the last little bit. But not today. Finally, truly got legitimately POed. Felt good in a twisted way because I have not let myself feel that, any emotion for that, in so long. Feeling blue, grab a beer. Tired, grab another. Sad, anxious...why not drink until it goes away. Not this time. Feels good but so angry!!! I know this is all part of it but gosh darn it, this is awful. So much anger and frustration and being out of control. Know this is good though, deeply rooted in my inner self I know this is good and it's healing and it's blah blah blah. So hard to keep on track and yet feel more on track. Rambling, I know. Arg. Trusting in my HP that this is the right path. Trusting this is what I am supposed to be going through right now. Trusting...
Old 04-04-2011, 05:24 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

It's very hard to manage the emotions that appear in early sobriety and it takes some getting used to. Something that really helped me was understanding that emotions were just feelings. They didn't control me. I could feel them, acknowledge them and let them go. And, journalling also helped me deal with the anger I was feeling.
Old 04-04-2011, 06:55 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I know what ya mean...it hit me hard today too..
Old 04-04-2011, 07:03 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I know whatcha mean afc. I've been 'on the right path' dealing with life, emotions, situations then *wham* it all hit at the same time. Bam right between the eyes. The only way I know to release these feelings is to feel them and release them. I am not an overly-emotional person (sober). In fact, my ex used to say I'm very indifferent to situations. That was a different situation because my feelings weren't ever right -but his were. LOL But yeah, sometimes I just wanna let it all go! But go where?