Notices

It happened...I got caught.

Old 04-01-2011, 04:03 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Sorry for what happen trixieisme with you getting a DUI. Get a good DUI lawyer so that your can get the less amount charge on your record. Learn from this experience and hopefully this will be a turning point with your life and things will get better in the long run. Getting a DUI is not the end of the world.

Good luck with everything!!!
Old 04-01-2011, 05:22 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Please let this B your bottom.
It took me to get arrested again, for my second DUI, to hit mine.
It just isn't worth it anymore, it wasn't fun anymore.
Drinking always had consquencies.
Truely grateful to B sober today.
Old 04-01-2011, 06:19 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

My experience and what I've seen other people do tells me this. An alcoholic WILL drink and drive if a vehicle is available. He can quit drinking...period if he wants no more legal trouble. We had people in my hometown who would drive lawn mowers and tractors to the liquor store.
I doubt you will be able to drink and not drive just going by what you've posted. I've been arrested twice for DUI and once on another alcohol related charge. They never could make it stick. I'm glad I never killed anyone and I do regret the way I behaved. I don't have to worry about that now as long as I dont take that first drink.
You don't have to repeat this just do whatever it takes to stop drinking and best of luck.
Old 04-01-2011, 06:27 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
i've done my almost

There's a scary statistic out there about how many people who get one dui, get two, or three...

I'm one of the one's who got two and let me tell you that the penalties for the first one are nothing in comparison to getting a 2nd.

Since I got sober I haven't had one dui or one blackout. Not a one.

Maybe it's time to get rid of some old ideas?

Kjell~
Old 04-01-2011, 06:55 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Glad you're ok and considering quitting all together. For me, it was the only way - since I had 3 dui's and on the 3rd one blew a .32. Did not learn my lesson from the first 2, even though I was terrified & disgusted with myself, vowing to never let it happen again. All it takes is that first drink & all bets are off. You are no longer in control of what will happen.

Kristin you can stop the misery from going any further. You can have a whole new life where you'll be safe from making these mistakes ever again. Here's hoping you decide to go for a happier future.
Old 04-01-2011, 08:07 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DayTrader View Post
After my 3rd DUI (within 7 years)
Wow. You're a real alcoholic.
Old 04-01-2011, 08:12 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Unfortunately cemetaries are filled with people that didn't get a second chance & are proof that drinking and driving don't mix.
I'm guilty, no saint here -but we can change...hopefully this enlightens you on what could have been.
We are all here for a reason...I'm taking this second successful chance I was given and living right this time. Please choose the same. It's so rewarding.
Old 04-01-2011, 08:23 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I got an OWI this past Fall, and blew a 0.36, and no that is not a typo. It was a horrifying experience, and I am unbelievably grateful that no one was hurt. I sometimes wish that it never happened but I truly believe that it was what I needed to get me to stop drinking. I am just doing what I can to make it a one time thing. I had a slip about two months ago but have only drank once in the past 6 months. I am doing my best and it was hard to accept but I am in such a better state of mind and my spirituality has found an entirely new level. I wish you the best trixieisme and that you find what you need here and anywhere else that you may seek the help/support you will need.
Old 04-01-2011, 08:59 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

@ Frothy

"If you can't say something nice........don't say anything at all."
Author: Thumpers Mother
Old 04-02-2011, 05:39 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Im sorry that happened! I really am. I have gotten "caught" twice. I continued to drink though. i chalked it up to bad luck. Truth is i should have gotten about 500 DUI's. i drove drunk or buzzed quite a bit. I could have gotten a DUI on my way to work somedays, considering I was still loaded from the night before. no one got hurt. IMHO that is a miracle. Drunk driving is russian roulette. Take it from me....the inconvenience the courts put you through (and it is a pain in the a$$) is NOTHING compared to the hell your life will be if you continue drinking. Alcoholism is very progressive. What is the next worst thing you will let happen in order to continue getting drunk?
Old 04-02-2011, 06:32 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MsCooterBrown View Post
@ Frothy

"If you can't say something nice........don't say anything at all."
Author: Thumpers Mother
It was a joke. DayTrader knows that.
Old 04-02-2011, 06:37 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Thriving sober since 12/18/08

I'm also glad you wont be drinking and driving anymore.
Old 04-02-2011, 06:52 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Ah...good Frothy!
Old 04-02-2011, 08:24 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
rode hard and put away wet

Originally Posted by ACT10Npack View Post
Getting a DUI is not the end of the world.
I am sorry. This bugged me all night. I have to beg to differ with this. Getting a DUI is the end of the world for some.
Old 04-02-2011, 09:06 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
A work in progress

WB, Trixie,

Hope this is the end of your relationship with alcohol. It doesn't seem to be working so well for you, does it?
Old 04-02-2011, 10:22 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Good for you if you can get an understanding of your condition after just one dui.

Took about 2 weeks before I was sure I could have just one little drinkie. The next 3 were just accidents and I was a victim of circumstance. Guess you'll see how you do.
Old 04-02-2011, 10:47 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

I was just curious bellakeller by what you meant that it is the end for some......do you mean employment wise, or if there were severe conditions involved or what?
Old 04-02-2011, 10:56 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  
rode hard and put away wet

When people dui, sometimes people die.
Old 04-02-2011, 04:37 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Thank you all so much!

I think that going back and reading my old posts is something that I am going to have to do. Perhaps I will see where my inner strength was coming from before. I'll tell you, about 5 hours before I got caught, I had bought a 12 pack of Bud Light. I still have it. Haven't touched it, but I have it. Basically, I dont want to dump it because I will feel like I am throwing away $10...and when you are broke, that is a couple days worth of gas to and from work. I will probably be able to sell it to a friend. However, I think that it will be those friends that I will have to sever my association with.

I do really feel like this is my lowest low. I can't do much worse....well, I can, but I will not let myself. I got a letter in the mail today, stating that my license will be suspended on 4/26 for 120 days. I need to apply for a work permit, or I will be screwed. Just knowing that, and after talking to a lawyer and finding out what else I will be looking at, I do not understand how people can go through this more than once. But then again, I guess there are millions of people that will never understand how someone can go through this even one time.

I'm just going day by day. Working 8 days in a row, so I am too tired to do anything...lol. Tuesday is my next day off, and I'm not too worried. I need to spend a few hours at the gym and with my dogs...lol.

Thank you all so much for your support...I really dont know if I would be able to get through this without you all.
Old 04-02-2011, 04:41 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Administrator

Basically, I dont want to dump it because I will feel like I am throwing away $10...and when you are broke, that is a couple days worth of gas to and from work.
I used to think like that. Basically I was putting $10 over my well-being.
If you're really going to sell it, sell it today K...

but seriously...I'd dump it.

D