Notices

philosopichally speaking what is life for

Old 04-02-2011, 10:00 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

When I was a kid (a catholic kid) every time we crossed the railroad tracks my dad would make us all do the sign of the cross. I thought we were praying silently to make it across the tracks before the train mowed us down instantly killing our family of 5. I asked my dad if we could take another street..he asked why..I told him that even with doing the sign of the cross I was still scared of the train hitting us. He FINALLY pointed to the cathedral that was on the hill...it had a crucifix in the lot...THAT is why we did the sign of the cross. Apparently I have a tendency to go with the feeling of doom and it has been going on since I was a kid. SO LONG STORY SHORT! The purpose in my life is to find the beauty and serenity in each and every day. I have slowly been letting go of my catastrophic feelings. AND I don't think that would have happened had I not sobered up!
Old 04-02-2011, 10:54 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

In the words of Antoine De Saint Exupy:

Each person must look to themselves to teach them the meaning of life. It is not something discovered, it is something molded.

AND the words of Jawaharlal Nehru

Life is like a game of cards. The hand that is dealt to you represents determinism, and they way you play it is free will.

Just live for today Kevin