Notices

I'm too old for this.

Old 03-29-2011, 02:23 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Im glad about that ste.

I know its gross ste but maybe me telling my tale might just help someone not get to that point. I never want that to happen again. Ever.

I was wearing my shorts and bent down to fill the cats bowl with food.

It just came streaming out...all down my legs and all over the floor beside the cat dish... I didnt even realize what was happening. Never had that happen before, not like that. No control. Like a baby or a helpless invalid.

The cat looked at me horrified before he ran to hide under the bed without eating his dinner.

Didn't see him for 3 hours.
Old 03-29-2011, 02:37 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
ste
unlearning

"This should really be a no brainer."

No brainer indeed. If it wasn't for my conniving brain, I would never pick up.

I must admit, I have pooped my pants while drunk. Thought I was going to fart, but there was more to it than that! More than embarrasing, but I got it under control.

QUIT SCARING THE CAT!
Old 03-29-2011, 02:44 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Ive done that too ste I think everybody has... 'normies' included.

This was different. It was scary. Its like my insides were starting to shut down.

"QUIT SCARING THE CAT!"
LOL
Old 03-29-2011, 02:58 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
ste
unlearning

Sounds very scary, like the body wanted to eviscerate alcohol soaked parts of itself. Too late to throw-up, has to go the other way, wretched.

Keep at the water, think your body needs it, maybe a little tea with some sugar?
Old 03-29-2011, 03:44 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Hey Hooped. Am right behind ya at 47 and I, too, am here because I want to live. Check out the March 2011 group on the newcomer daily threads. Lots of great people and great support there. I'm pullin' for ya!
Old 03-29-2011, 08:11 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Hey, slow down nancy, Hooped is already in our December 2010 group and that's right where he needs to stay!!! Oh well, I guess there's enough of Hooped to go around....

Hooped: How you feeling today, mister?
Old 03-29-2011, 08:29 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

That's right, he is in our December gang! LOL.........

Hope you are doing better this morning my friend!
Old 03-29-2011, 08:33 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hooped View Post
All I have to do is just not drink.
Hooped, isn't that what you've been trying to do for the last year at least? And you're right, all you have to do is not drink.

However, I found that impossible to do on my own power. Call me weak or undetermined or whatever, the fact was I kept drinking for years after I sincerely wanted to stop for good.

Fear worked for a while, until it didn't. I watched a woman (somewhere late 40's, early 50's) die of alcoholism a few weeks ago. Scared to death, she was released from the hospital a month prior, and knew without a doubt she would die if she drank again. She drank.

Staring down the barrel of a gun, alcoholics will drink. I didn't have the power not to. AA's 12 Steps showed me how to get the needed power.
Old 03-29-2011, 08:37 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Oops, sorry guys... what I MEANT to say ( ) was, "feel free to participate in our March group too... some great support there as well."

Nice to see y'all Decemberists.. have a beautifully sober day
Old 03-29-2011, 01:45 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Administrator

There's no rule against posting in several month groups.
It's up to Hooped

How are you doing today Hooped?

D
Old 03-29-2011, 02:06 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Im better than yesterday.
Back to day 1
Old 03-29-2011, 04:15 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Hooped, I just want you to know that your post really helped me today. I'm sorry for what you went through when you picked up again - but it's a good reminder for me, since every now & then I allow myself to daydream about "a few".

I'm one of the well seasoned ones on SR too. My ability to control my drinking is completely gone. I was all over the place the last time, up all night, drinking 24/7, and no amount was enough. I really doubt that I'd be able to survive another bender. You mentioned the progressive aspect of this disease. I never got what that really meant - but now I do.

Hooped, I hope you continue to feel better. That humiliating incident served a purpose. Thank you for telling about it, and for helping me stay strong.
Old 03-29-2011, 04:22 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
On my way....

Hooped, I also want to give my thanks for sharing that story, it has added to the list of reasons to quit NOW. I want to extend my hand in support, I'm glad you're here on your day 1. I'm glad you're feeling better as well.
Old 03-29-2011, 04:43 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Thanks for this post Hooped. I'm only 33 now, but I don't want to be 5, 10 or 15 years older looking back wishing I had stopped drinking. The thought it might cause me to not be around for my two daughters (now 3 and 7 months) causes a knot to form in my stomach. That thought absolutely kills me, more than thinking about not taking another drink in my life again.
Old 03-29-2011, 07:49 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ste View Post
"This should really be a no brainer."

No brainer indeed. If it wasn't for my conniving brain, I would never pick up.

I must admit, I have pooped my pants while drunk. Thought I was going to fart, but there was more to it than that! More than embarrasing, but I got it under control.

QUIT SCARING THE CAT!
Y'all have me laughing...especially about the poor cat...LOL. But seriously, you have lots more living to do Hooped! Your body is definitely wanting you to stop....and telling you. I hope you and the cat will be ok!!!
Old 03-29-2011, 08:09 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
6/20/08

Hey, Hooped. I'm in my 50's. Drank for 30 years.

I'm very pissed off (uh, oh, am I gonna get censored for that?) that it took me so long to get my act together. Maybe being 'old' makes me appreciate sobriety more. I don't know. I just know that I am thankful for every sober minute, every single second.

We've all done things we'd rather forget. Learn from it. Move forward.

I'm glad you came here and vented. Keep it up!
Old 03-29-2011, 09:13 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Thanks for sharing your story.
Being grateful will get you far.
Never did I cr*p in my pants, but did awake on the floor without pants...WTF happened?
That truely had me scared and ashamed, but that wasn't my last bender. It took another year or so to sober up. Been sober now for almost 2 years and so very grateful.