Notices

I've Truly Hit Rock Bottom

Old 03-27-2011, 06:35 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Stacy I am sorry to hear that..but you are doing great now, picking yourself up and moving forward. Make the decision, no more... ever.

I believe you can do this, hang in there, we are all here for you hun.

:ghug3
Old 03-27-2011, 07:29 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I'm sorry because I'm new and I don't know if it's rude... but can I ask you what caused you to relapse... I'm curious because I seem to "know" what is going to cause me to want to use and then it's always the most unexpected things... I hope you stay sober for yourself and more importantly your daughter. I'll try a little harder knowing someone else is too
Old 03-27-2011, 07:51 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

No problem FallenAngel, I really don't know the total reason why I relapsed, I was feeling great, I shouldn't have given in, I guess I wanted to get high one more time and I was stressed with work. Then my dealer called me out of the blue at work and I gave in, normally I don't answer the phone but I figured it had been long enough, but I was wrong. Just never give in, it will hurt you more than you know.
Old 03-27-2011, 11:08 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Hang in there Stacy Love! Addiction is so sneaky. You can do it.
Old 03-28-2011, 04:56 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by stacylove View Post
No problem FallenAngel, I really don't know the total reason why I relapsed, I was feeling great, I shouldn't have given in, I guess I wanted to get high one more time and I was stressed with work. Then my dealer called me out of the blue at work and I gave in, normally I don't answer the phone but I figured it had been long enough, but I was wrong. Just never give in, it will hurt you more than you know.
I hope you find the strength to not answer the phone next time. I hope it helps you to know that I'm struggling too... met someone today who asked me if I wanted to get high sometime... god I wanted to. Thankfully my bf called me right after I talked with him so I was brought back to why I'm getting sober in the first place. I'll think good thoughts for you.
Old 03-28-2011, 08:11 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Thanks FallenAngel I read your post too, I am rooting for you, you can do it, you would be amazed what you can really do when you try real hard.
Old 03-28-2011, 10:45 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Thanks FallenAngel I read your post too, I am rooting for you, you can do it, you would be amazed what you can really do when you try real hard.
Maybe we can celebrate when we both hit one month sober on almost the same date!
Old 03-28-2011, 10:59 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Years ago i had a real coke habit and beat it.... but alcohol has been my monster for quite some time now.

I truly thought I had hit rock bottom many times ..but my latest relapse made me realize (quite abruptly too)....rock bottom is death.

I really hope you two have a month celebration. That would be cool..
Old 03-30-2011, 06:24 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Thank you for this post. I reread this last night after I had a craving out of the blue. I think you've helped a lost of people with this post.
Old 05-02-2011, 06:49 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Isn't it just something how the dealers know when we are the most vulnerable! I'm getting close now to 9 months and haven't seen anyone, moved, changed phone numbers, etc.

A few days ago dealer shows up where I live. I always have the door open here and I just couldn't believe it! He comes in has a new car outside, 3 others in the car that stayed in the car, and drinking a beer. Said he just got out of treatment that day. I said, "So how did that go for you?" LOL holding a beer 1st day out? No reply had to leave.

I have gave in a lot in my life, but it is just so powerful, cunning, and so darn baffling how you are not even thinking about the SH!T than that happens and your first words out of your mouth without even thinking is, "Where's it at?" I couldn't believe it.

Lucky I covered those words real quick and remained Sober N Clean.
Old 05-02-2011, 06:57 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Administrator

good to see you Vic

D
Old 05-02-2011, 07:05 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Stacy!!! :ghug3

So good to hear from you. Sorry about the slip. Not all is lost. Things can only get better by stopping.

We care about you and support you all the way!!!
Old 05-02-2011, 07:08 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Administrator

this is a thread from about a month ago yoli

Anyone seen or heard from Stacy in the last week?
D
Old 05-02-2011, 07:10 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

No, but hoping to see her back on our bus...
Old 05-03-2011, 06:03 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hooped View Post
I truly thought I had hit rock bottom many times ..but my latest relapse made me realize (quite abruptly too)....rock bottom is death.
Now THAT is some truth. Great quote Hooped. And best of luck to you Stacy, I hope things are going good for you.