Notices

If the weekends are hard...

Old 03-26-2011, 06:50 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

If the weekends are hard...

I just thought I'd share what I do on the weekends now that might help make them a little easier for someone facing their first weekends sober. I used to wake up on Saturday morning not having a clue what I would do all weekend to try to avoid drinking. Now I plan my days out the night before, even make a list if I need to. I know it sounds a little OCD, but it really helps me. Today I am going shopping, baking for my family and for work, and visiting my mother. Tomorrow I'm off to see my Dad an hour away, working out, cooking a nice dinner spending some time with my newborn grandson. It's nice to know what you will do all day, it really keeps you busy, you feel great, as if you have accomplished something and helps ease those weekend cravings. Have a great sober weekend!
Old 03-26-2011, 06:56 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks very much, wonderful suggestions! A happy sober weekend to you as well = )
Old 03-26-2011, 07:26 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks for sharing that. Anything that keeps your mind off drinking or obsessing about it is good.
Old 03-26-2011, 07:59 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Tin Man. I like your prayer.
Old 03-26-2011, 08:40 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Planning is not OCD' it's what successful people do.
Old 03-26-2011, 08:48 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I also make lists of *stuff* i need to do on the weekends...(because i can forget)...weekend projects are much more welcome and the benefits make me feel good....no more clutter, junk in the house...

my new motto is "Clean is Serene", LOL:rotfxko
Old 03-26-2011, 09:11 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

thank you so much... sounds like i will be doing the same; planning the entire weekend.
Old 03-26-2011, 10:53 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks for that message..it is a great idea to sit and plan the weekend out for each day. Have a great sober weekend to you!
Old 03-26-2011, 10:55 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Find a wooded trail in your state, or country, and explore. I just discovered a 12 mile trail that led to a beautiful waterfall, 2 hour drive. Pack up some lunch and water and there is 1 day you don't have to worry about. Even better if you have a dog to come with you.
Old 03-26-2011, 11:25 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Want to know what I have been doing today? I AM SO EXCITED! I bought a Haans hand held steam cleaner. It only uses water..and it blasts off the worst grease and grime. The wall behind my stove-I have used Mr. Clean Magic erasers (they are ok but disinigrate into boogary little balls that you have to clean up after) I have used KaBoom..I have used Simple Green. NOTHING WORKED! This steamer has all the attachments and I got it using a 50.00 gift certificate to Kohls. I put 20 more bucks with it. It blasts out dirt in between tiles. It gets the stove sparkling. I used it on the hard water buildup around the faucets. I am taking a break and then will hit the grout. I used to have to drink a vat of wine to do jobs that were gross (cat box-cat died but I used to hate that part)- Bathing the hermit crabs. Walked in to the pet store and thought they were cool not knowing YOU HAVE TO BATHE THEM TO KEEP MITES AWAY!!! The best part was when they are immersed they crawl out of their shells. GROSS!!!

But this steam cleaner..I just blasted then wiped with a micro fiber cloth or whatever you call them..Everything is so shiny now. Ok..done with my informercial but there are PLENTY of things to do sober. I am happy for my find!!!
Old 03-26-2011, 11:31 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Haha, you are about to inspire me to clean my house. I know exactly what you mean with the magic erasers... plus they just leave smudge marks everywhere.. you can't use them on walls like in the commercials. I made this mistake on a construction site once trying to get the place ready for a walk-through... man were the painters mad at me.
Old 03-26-2011, 11:55 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MsCooterBrown View Post
Want to know what I have been doing today? I AM SO EXCITED! I bought a Haans hand held steam cleaner. It only uses water..and it blasts off the worst grease and grime. The wall behind my stove-I have used Mr. Clean Magic erasers (they are ok but disinigrate into boogary little balls that you have to clean up after) I have used KaBoom..I have used Simple Green. NOTHING WORKED! This steamer has all the attachments and I got it using a 50.00 gift certificate to Kohls. I put 20 more bucks with it. It blasts out dirt in between tiles. It gets the stove sparkling. I used it on the hard water buildup around the faucets. I am taking a break and then will hit the grout. I used to have to drink a vat of wine to do jobs that were gross (cat box-cat died but I used to hate that part)- Bathing the hermit crabs. Walked in to the pet store and thought they were cool not knowing YOU HAVE TO BATHE THEM TO KEEP MITES AWAY!!! The best part was when they are immersed they crawl out of their shells. GROSS!!!

But this steam cleaner..I just blasted then wiped with a micro fiber cloth or whatever you call them..Everything is so shiny now. Ok..done with my informercial but there are PLENTY of things to do sober. I am happy for my find!!!
LOL!!!

Genius! Makes me feel like running out RIGHT NOW and getting one. I was planning to try The Mr. Clean Erasers, but now will be able to avoid the boogers. Have white grout in the tiles that I soak with Comet once in a while.

I didn't know that hermit crabs come of of their shells for a bath....Shivers!
Old 03-26-2011, 12:17 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
...is learning and growing...

What a great idea, Jch! I've always been a list person and yep "buy wine" was usually on it

Thanks for the suggestion and I'm also wanting one of the vacuum thingies now lol...