Notices

Alittle feedback?

Old 03-27-2011, 10:12 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Cause no harm

Hmmm, IMHO, court-ordered rehab is as effective as blowing hot air up a dead horse's arse. Unless a personal conviction is made by the individual, there is no real motive. I would entertain the possibility of a person "seeing the light" upon a alcohol-related conviction and then making the choice to quit drinking. But in my own experiences, I have yet to see that commitment continued or witnessed any long-term sobriety. A judiciary system cannot force a drunk sober by imposing mandated rehab sentencing. Again, IMHO.
Old 03-27-2011, 10:29 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

From a guy's point of view, 9 times out of 10 it is highly unlikely that he only wants a friend. Our brains just aren't wired like that. Unless he has a girlfriend or is married he is probably looking for a relationship. He may be different I don't know. That doesn't mean he won't accept a friendship though, just saying his motives from the start are probably different than yours. Just do your thing and don't worry about offending anyone, it is your life that you need to concentrate on. Plus from everything you said, the dude sounds like bad news. Maybe stay away from this one.