Notices

Strange realization... I miss hangovers.

Old 03-24-2011, 10:26 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Hooligan

I despise hangovers, the hurt and suffering i get with them is almost unbearable. I do miss other things in my mind but not hangovers.
Old 03-24-2011, 01:30 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I used to mow at high noon the Saturday after a rip roaring drunk Friday night. I deserved to mow at the hottest time of the day!! I don't know wtf..I think maybe it was to prove to myself that I could drink and still keep up with other responsibility...BUT NO I don't miss it. I was a stark raving nutbird by the end ..I am not sure what happened but whatever it was it was not what I knew as hangovers. It was anxiety ..shaking ...full fledge straight jacket nuts. I no longer suffer ..Morning is my favorite time of day! I love getting up with the birds.

You know..looking back now..I wonder if that wasn't the beginning of DTs. It truly was horrible.
Old 03-24-2011, 04:03 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I don't miss hangovers. I always treated hangovers like nature's punishment for my own lack of good judgement. Every weekday I would drag my ass up at 5:30am, even if I had finished a bottle of vodka the night before, and make myself go to work. I would never let myself call in, because that is avoiding the punishment. Eyes barely open, dry heaving, head pounding, hands shaking, complete utter nausea, etc. I would just drag myself to work. Of course the work day wasn't very productive. I do not miss those days!
Old 03-24-2011, 04:54 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Wow, thanks for all the replies! I think a few people might have understood what I was getting at. It's interesting that we took this in a few different directions. Mine were as bad every day as what many of you described, and I guess I don't really "miss" them at all. But they did something for me, served some purpose, and I have yet to figure out what that purpose was.