Notices

Hi SR

Old 03-21-2011, 02:21 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Like everyone has said I could not moderate. I tried- very hard! But it really is easier just to not drink- and it does get easier. Welcome! I did AA and just found this site not too long ago- both have been helpful in my recovery.
Old 03-21-2011, 08:27 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Just wanted to add my welcome, too........

My story is pretty much to same as everyone else's - I was never just a social drinker (or I probably wouldn't be here). My promises to myself to stop or at least cut back only lasted for a short time..... Often, I'd wake up with regrets, yet by the afternoon or evening I was drinking again.

It really does take support to do this and you've come to a great place for that! Hang in there - it gets better!
Old 03-21-2011, 08:32 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by artsoul View Post
Just wanted to add my welcome, too........

My story is pretty much to same as everyone else's - I was never just a social drinker (or I probably wouldn't be here). My promises to myself to stop or at least cut back only lasted for a short time..... Often, I'd wake up with regrets, yet by the afternoon or evening I was drinking again.

It really does take support to do this and you've come to a great place for that! Hang in there - it gets better!
I know it will get better, but I wonder if thinking of drinking will ever go away completely...
Old 03-21-2011, 08:43 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I don't know if I'll ever stop thinking about drinking, yoli.

My goal is more modest: whenever I think about it, I want to remember exactly how it felt to be at a playground with my daughter on a beautiful Saturday afternoon, and wanting to get back to the house so I could have my first drink of the night.

Welcome to SR—this community has been a lifesaver for me.
Old 03-21-2011, 09:01 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Hi Yoli! Glad you are here. That moderation idea..I tried...not for me. I will venture a bet that alot of people tried. It is the last war cry before you fall off your horse in defeat. No one wants to fathom the idea that they cannot drink. Go for one or two then you are in a blackout! Anyway glad you posted. I wish you well!!!