Notices

Newcomer

Old 03-20-2011, 08:01 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Thank you for the response. Congrats on 10 days

Last edited by trickymickey; 03-20-2011 at 08:02 PM. Reason: Can't figure out how to respond to others properly yet
Old 03-20-2011, 08:07 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Thanks Reggie. I will hit an AA meeting if it doesn't work out. Thanks for the link. I'll listen to it tomorrow during my drive home, which is the most difficult time for me. Any distraction is welcome. It is strange, but once I'm home I don't really feel like drinking. But if I stop at the store on the way home, then I won't stop until I am satiated.
Old 03-20-2011, 08:29 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hi Mickey. Welcome!!! I'm at day 38, still a newbie myself. I am not AA. I started right here. I check in several times per day, reading and posting. I also started attending SMART meetings once per week. I found that staying busy was absolutely essential, especially during the first week. Good luck. I look forward to hearing more from you!
Old 03-20-2011, 10:23 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
I'm here to learn!

Hey Mickey welcome to SR, you've got a lot of friends here. Best of luck with your plan. Like the others said, if it doesn't work don't give up, just try something else.
Old 03-21-2011, 04:16 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Welcome! Im glad you reached out for help. I tried on my own and it didnt work. This forum in conjuntion with AA has been my saving grace. Dont rule out anything (except alcohol) right now. Imagine going to the doctor and being told you are in the 4th stages of cancer. You would try anything, anywhere, anyhow to save your life. Right? We dont see it but alcohol will kill us. Try anything my friend! In my meeting yesterday a regular wasnt there. Her mother died and she had to put her in the ground on Friday. The daughter was active in AA but AA wasnt "for" the mom. The daughter is happy healthy and recovering. Look where the mom is.
Old 03-21-2011, 05:33 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
is really trying!

Hi Mickey & welcome too. You could also join in the Class of March 2011 thread to get support from the also very newly sober.
Old 03-21-2011, 06:02 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR. You have landed at the right place. Just by browsing and posting your questions on SR, you will start thinking differently. It is good idea o make a plan . Please look at some of the posts on withdrawal symptoms and be prepared on what to expect . Visiting your doctor and doing a safe detox will be better idea.

Exercise is definitely good and there is hardly any book/Publication, not advocating for exercise. It should be way of life any way whether you have alcohol problem or not.If everyone does the required exercize regularly, many of Health Care Proffesionals WILL GO OUT OF BUSINESS. LOL .

Excesize is not the pill which can be prescribed , bought over the counter and washed down the throat. If it was, it would be the most expensive pill on the earth. However, the fact is, it is free of charge. No need for expensive GYM membership, running shoes, etc. To begin with, Just do brisk walk 30 to 40 minutes and/or climb your stairs. We wish you all the best.
Old 03-21-2011, 07:11 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Thanks Hugger. It's nice to have a safe place to talk about this stuff.
Old 03-21-2011, 07:19 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Thanks for the note. I am trying acupuncture as well. Anything that keeps me busy and out of trouble can't be bad.
Old 03-21-2011, 11:26 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Hello and Welcome.
How are you doing? Wishing you well. You can do this, just for today.