Notices

hi can anyone help with my problems?

Old 03-26-2011, 04:09 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

3rd day of citralpan feel ok but i have been taking some extra diazapan,have to cut down on these as this is were it all started but i got them took them and felt like the old me,its been a week or so since i up my dose,but its been the best week for years,but i know it will causes more problems in the longterm.hence switch to citralapan but got too be strong and stop taking the blue ones,which i so hard as believe me ive had the best and most productive week,which makes it hard to knock them on the head
hope fully ill get there
enjoy your week end
Richard
Old 03-26-2011, 04:30 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Hi Richard, glad you are trying the antidepressant. I took Citalopram last year, and felt better. This year, I'm taking a different antidepressant. Glad you found this site and posted. I've been a little self conscious about my depression and antidepressant use. It is good to know there is support for this in SR. Glad you are on the right track. Keep checking in. I can't add anything else to the awesome advice you've received above. Peace.
Old 03-27-2011, 04:38 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

4 days in on 20mg a of citralapan day feel ok not ant different really but probably take a while to kick in,at least i dont feel any worse which is a good thing,have meeting with drug worker tomorrow to decided were we go from here as im also on methadone and diazapan reduction programs, it was only getting blackmarket valium made realise when i got off them before my body recoverd but my mind didnt,so lets see what her advice on how to make me feel like i have for the last few weeks for,as i have had the best 2 weeks since i started on my reduction programs before,i got clean of diazapan before but it left me a recluse who cut of ties from the real world and i dont want to go back there,
As i right this i feel great and just want to feel like this all the time ,not like the depressed reclusive person i was before
thanks for you help and support it great to share with people that understand
Enjoy your day
Richard
Old 03-27-2011, 04:47 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

also no opiates in this time

before i upped my dose if diaz i was spending £20 a day on heroin were as since i started this new journey i have not used once or even thought about using which is a good thing in itself
thanks
Old 03-30-2011, 04:48 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

day 7 on citralapan and no adverse reactions yet although i have been taking more 10mg on top of my scripted 20mg of diazapan so need to ween this back down to my normal dose to see if there making the difference or the citralapan either way im feeling really good and been going out more and are socially more active,ill keep you updated on things go
chin up everyone
Richard
Old 04-04-2011, 02:09 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

day 10 i think these cetralopram are working or maybe its the british weather but im defiantly feeling better,i was in a desperate state 2 weeks ago,i now feel a different person no herion in that time going to start weaning my self of methadone as i feel stable and also diazapam, maybe one thing at a time, but im definatly feeling better
thanks for people that have helped me get this far,
onwards upwards
Old 04-04-2011, 02:50 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Sertraline, an anti-dep, has some pretty severe withdrawals based on my experience so yes, some do. Pharma companies keep making money though.

It is horrible to be in a place where you need your poison to function. I'm exactly the same. Read about you getting a hair cut - I literally just did that, but only because I picked up at about 7am.

Nothing useful to suggest. Just wanted to say that something had struck a chord and you are by no means alone in this horrible position. Hope things work out.
Old 04-05-2011, 04:46 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

i seem to be getting better day by day,im defiantly better but i had a terrible nightmare this morning and i dont normally remember my dreams i have been getting up at 8 am and taking my citalopram then but i slept till 10.30 today and was wondering if it was because i would have normally taken my tablet by then,but it was such a relief to wake up and realise that it was just a dream.
but i defiantly feel im in a much happier place than when i started this thread as i was in a desperate state then,i find that my biggest problem is being bored were as before i did not feel like doing anything and was living like a recluse,were as now i want to do things so something must be working.i hope this keeps up as i was in a dark place for a couple of years and i now feel more like the old me
thanks for everyones input its been a real help and just knoning im not alone has helped alot.
thanks eeryone
Richard
Old 04-11-2011, 01:52 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

hi all been away for the weekend something i never would of done 2 weeks ago,after sharing my problems here i decided to start on a course of citraloprm 20 mg a day and i have to say day by day i was getting better back to the old me.after 20 days of taking these i cant explain enough what a effect they have had on me.i am a new man or at least back to how i was before my life feel apart.i want to thank everyone who has helped me and if your having problems dont think like i used to that there addictive and all bad,
i was rock bottom a few weeks ago and if you could see or hear the change in ,me you would be amazed!!!!

im happy as they say they take a month to really kick in and if it inproves on this i can get back to be a valuable member of society, rather than the recluse i was.

all ill say is have a open mind they have worked wonders for me
Richard
Old 04-11-2011, 02:00 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Administrator

I am SO glad to read how well you're doing.

I know that finding the right anti-depressant can be challenging and discouraging, but it can also be worth it!
Old 04-20-2011, 04:34 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

another few days gone by since i hit rock bottom and in a short time my life has really changed round for the good.im getting back to the old me by the day,i know i have a long way to go but im feeling the best i have for many years!! i knows theres going to be hurdles out there but im good ,sorry but had to tell someone and there is no one to tell about it here,so you got lol
Richard
Old 04-20-2011, 05:03 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Congratulations on your continued sobriety!! Glad you're starting to see so many positive changes!

I felt much the same way after a few weeks, but it keeps getting better!
Old 04-24-2011, 04:34 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

hi everyone
went out for the first time in about 4 years last night,i went to a music gig that a month ago there is no way i would of gone out,i was living like a recluse and did nothing social what so ever as i was so low i could not face being in a social situation,i was even dancing!!! im so please how my life is turning round for the better since i decided i had to do something!!! when it gets to the stage were your happiest when your asleep,you need to do something about it,
thanks for all the support the people on this great site have given me.
im getting my life back and its great
hope you all have a great bank holiday
Richard
Old 05-01-2011, 08:55 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

hi all
another few days down the line and things still really good my end,i have had a great weekend and am more on the ball than i have been in years,you cant beleive how nice it is to have my brain back,good luck to anyone struggling this site has helped me no end,
thanks for all you support ill keep u updated if you intrestead
Richard
Old 05-01-2011, 09:38 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

I'm glad you found a SSRI that works. I know a SSRI and a NRRI medication has made a big differance in the quality of my life. Keep going forward in recovery.
Old 05-01-2011, 02:31 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Administrator

Always interested to see how you're going Richard - congratulations on your progress

D
Old 05-01-2011, 03:01 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Encourager In Training

Richard - thanks for sharing. It was a privilege getting to know your story (thus far) and hearing your progress. I'm sure you've helped and are continuing to help a great many here.
Old 05-09-2011, 06:12 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

hi all hope your all good
another week goes by and im feeling better and better,i have even managed to reduce the other meds that i am on,i feel on top of the world and have seemed to have got my self confidence back and the dark cloud that was hanging over me has defiantly lifted and my chemist even refers to me as mr happy!!! thats a big change from were i was 6 weeks ago.i didnt ever think that i would get back to feeling the way i am,as i was stuck in a dark place for years and years.
i hope others are having the same success as me as i would hate for anyone to be were i was,
good luck to everyone and thanks for your help in getting me to were i am now
Richard
Old 06-10-2011, 04:02 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

hi all it must be a month since i have been here and so far so good i have had better days and worse but on the whole life is so much better than before..i am trying real hard and life is better.anyone struggling hang in there you can do it,its taken ages to get here and i have a long way to go but its so much better than it was,
be strong im trying with you
Richard
Old 06-10-2011, 10:21 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Wow, Richard, I've just been reading your thread for the first time, right from the beginning. I have tears in my eyes and a lump in my throat reading your story. If that's not a success story to warm the cockles of your heart, I don't know what is!!

My hubby takes Citalopram, too. A few weeks back he forgot to reorder his prescription, and boy oh boy, did we notice it!! Within 2 days, he was NASTY. Unmotivated, insular, short tempered, selfish, argumentative, the whole works. Neither of us could wait for the scrip start up again. I know now that this medication changed his life, just as it has yours.

Really, really happy to hear how your life changed around for the better, and that you are enjoying living it!!