Notices

Thoughts

Old 03-16-2011, 08:07 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thoughts

I have realized as i have gotten a few more 24 hours under my belt that it is true what the big book says that the bottle is but a symptom. Because i was getting to a place where i was enjoying myself but i feel myself sliding into old habits as far as being judgmental and just my attitude. But its very hard for me to realize these behaviors because i am so concerned with not using or drinking. So i just want to share this with newcomers so maybe they can avoid my mistakes. I know for me dishonesty is one of the big flags that i see when i start getting back into my head. I need to get out of my head and into recovery. If anyone has any advice or any words of wisdom i would gladly appreciate it
Old 03-16-2011, 08:21 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I think you already have the answer Bama. Like you stated: get out of your head and into recovery. Lying is a big "red flag". It's a process and I think you are recognizing the warning signs. You cannot be complacent in recovery. Your also right, alcohol is but a symptom. Work your program and find the tools you need to help you along your journey.

Best Wishes to You!
Old 03-16-2011, 08:29 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks its just been hard this last week. I am not liking myself very much because i am seeing some of those character defects I saw slowly fading away while i was deep in my recovery. So i am just not feeling it this week. I know that i cannot expect every day to be great but i have just felt like crap for the last week. Not sure what to do or think. I mean in the last week i have had all sorts of crazy ideas from leaving my fiance to joining the military which is way out of character for me
Old 03-16-2011, 08:53 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Work through the steps and then live them...the rest falls by the wayside:-)
Old 03-16-2011, 09:09 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Bama, it's so very true that drinking is the first step, but that's when the real hard work begins.

I, too, have to work on myself every day. I try to get some exercise, I try to meditate and I try to live an honest life.

It sounds like you're doing well!