Notices

court ordered aa

Old 03-16-2011, 03:20 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ccm View Post
im not alcoholic.

i got a dui because of my own irresponsible decision making, and have been labeled an alcoholic by a drug and alcohol counselor.

i am required to go to 2 aa meetings a week for 2 years......i have went to 56of them.

i respect everyone who has found sobriety in the aa program. i can understand why members dont like court ordered aa. it can really screw up the environment in these meetings for people who actually use them for help.

i was wondering if friends i met in aa could sign my attendance sheets, instead of only the chairperson. and would my probation officer call my friends to verify my attendance? they have never heard of probation verifying.
I only know one person who did court ordered AA due to a DUI. He went to the meetings drunk. He WAS an alcoholic and died of a rare form of cirrhosis that mainly affects native americans. symptoms to dead in less than a month at age 47. so he never fullfilled his obligation.
Have you looked at jailtime as another possible option? Reason I am asking, a friend of mine's 19 year old son got probation, not alcohol related. It cost money and the police kept threatening him/screwing with him. he gave up and chose to do a small amount of jailtime instead and now he is free, no one is tellig him what to do. I spoke to a friend of mine in law enforcement when they were screwing with him on behalf of my friend and they told me probation is abused. The violation of probation laws were orginally so strict in the interest of getting pedophiles back in jail but they are frequently abused by some law enforcement officials to harrass everyone on probation, regardless of what it is for. One false move and you're screwed. I wouldn't skip the aa meetings if I were you.
Old 03-19-2011, 08:15 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ccm View Post
ya, im confident im not an alcoholic.

a dui might be a red flag, but come on....i know for myself im not alcoholic.
Just curious how do you define an alcoholic?

What is the difference between an alcoholic drinker and a social drinker?
Old 03-19-2011, 11:59 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

CCM, if you don't want to do AA meetings then call the ACLU and fight it in court. But fight it, if your an atheist. Because that will lead you to do SOS or rehab. You will have to do some type of treatment program if not AA something else for 2 years.

You can just sign it or get a friend to sign it and skip it all together. I don't know where in the USA you need to do 2 years of probation/AA for your first DUI. Did you hit someone?
Old 03-20-2011, 12:20 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ACT10Npack View Post
I don't know where in the USA you need to do 2 years of probation/AA for your first DUI. Did you hit someone?
'

My first and only DUI in CA was in '99 and I had to do 3 years of probation. This is standard with every first time DUI case.