SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   New here... (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/222223-new-here.html)

HootyHoo 03-13-2011 07:05 PM

New here...

Just joined the site.. not really sure how this whole forum thing works yet though, but I'll figure it out soon enough.

I guess I'll just say that I joined because I'm at a loss right now. I'll be 2 years sober from alcohol a week from today but I've been really struggling lately and sometimes I feel like I'm the only one in this world who has this problem.

It's just nice to know that I'm not alone and that there are others that can relate to me.

-Jenna

MsCooterBrown 03-13-2011 07:06 PM

Welcome Jenna!! Yeah you came to the right place. Tons of support..lots of information. We are all here for the common goal of staying sober. Glad you are here! Congrats on 2 years!

reggiewayne 03-13-2011 07:10 PM

Welcome. You're not alone. This site is awesome. There is so much to it. I stick to the Newcomer forums and the alcohlic forums, but there is so much more. Congrats on 2 years. That's a lot longer sobriety than I have.

What helps me is participating. I have seen that through sharing my experience, strength, and hope on this site helps me. It arranges my thoughts better. I'd encourage you to jump right in. Maybes share some of your story.

It works for me. Best of luck!!!

Dee74 03-13-2011 07:12 PM

Hi Jenna :)

Yeah we're a good bunch here. I think support is so so important.
Read and post as much as you like :)

Way to go on 2 yrs!
Good to have you with us - welcome :)

D

artsoul 03-13-2011 07:19 PM

Welcome :day6 Congratulations on almost 2 years - that's really fantastic! Good for you for recognizing that you need support (I think we all do). You'll find tons of it here........

Look forward to seeing you around the forum.:grouphug:

GodsHolyWill 03-13-2011 07:46 PM

A warm welcome to SR! :wave: Congratulations on your sobriety!!! :You_Rock_

LaFemme 03-13-2011 07:46 PM

Welcome Jenna and congrats on 2 years.

Sorry you are in a funk right now but you've come to the right place:) I recommend the gratitude section...it helps me stay positive:)

riptide 03-13-2011 07:52 PM

Glad to see ya Jenna and congrats on 2 years .
This is a great place for support It helps every day day 21 for me

Juancho 03-13-2011 07:57 PM

Welcome Jenna. Congrats on your 2 yrs. I hope to one day say I made it 2 yrs sober.

CarolD 03-13-2011 08:33 PM

well done on your sober time....:funjump:
Welcome
:wave:

ChicoState 03-13-2011 08:48 PM

I also just recently joined. It has only been a couple of days, but I have found the support from this community to be nothing less than inspirational. Great job on 2 years sober. At this point I can only hope to achieve that myself...

Welcome!

SomethingBetter 03-13-2011 09:04 PM

Congrats, that's a really really long time, I've too felt I've been the only one with the problem in my normal bunch and that's lead to relapses so hang in there.

I have found 2 sober xdrinkers to chat with (in person) and it does help and of corse communicating with the good people here helps too.

EmeraldRose 03-13-2011 09:06 PM

Welcome and congratulations on the sober time! That's awesome.:c011:

HootyHoo 03-13-2011 09:13 PM

Thanks for the warm welcomes everyone! Acceptance is a great feeling, and one I could really use right now, but now have thanks to you amazing people! :thanks :You_Rock_

ReadyAndAble 03-13-2011 09:51 PM

Hi HootyHoo (that's fun to say!), welcome to SR and congrats on two years. Relating is what folks do best here!