Notices

Five Days

Old 03-13-2011, 05:53 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Five Days

Well it's a start, right? I've gotten by with mostly Celexa, Janelle, and sleeping. But I should start getting serious about the 12 step program. After all, I have no mental defense against that first drink.
Old 03-13-2011, 05:57 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Yup, time to get busy.

What's your plan?
Old 03-13-2011, 06:15 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I need a sponsor.
Old 03-13-2011, 06:32 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Ah f*ck it just ignore my posts. I'm hopeless. All the savvy people here know that.
Old 03-13-2011, 06:39 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Ah f*ck it just ignore my posts. I'm hopeless. All the savvy people here know that.

What brought this on?
There are many ways to get and stay sober..But you have to want it more than you want to get drunk. Until that happens..it doesn't matter what approach you take..it ain't gonna happen.
Old 03-13-2011, 06:47 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

After 5 days, f** it? 5 days is such a great start! Five days can feel like an eternity-don't throw it away.
Old 03-13-2011, 06:50 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Noone's hopeless suic.

Post here as often as you like - it's what we're for

Only you can do the work tho, man - I hope you'll follow through and get a sponsor if that's the way you're gonna go

don't delay on it - the sooner you take some definite action, the sooner you can start living your new life

D
Old 03-13-2011, 06:56 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hello Suic I'd like to introduce you to your disease...
Originally Posted by suic View Post
Just please know that when you think and say things like that, it only hurts you. We don't even see it as offensive. What I see in that post is, HELP ME, HELP ME, HELP ME.

And that is what we'll try and do. If I were having those feelings, I'd get out a piece of paper and start writing a gratitude list. Or even post it here. It's much harder to be mad at the world when we're looking at the positive things in life. Health, family, sunny day, job, etc...

You can get better man. I promise. When I came in 101 days ago I felt hopeless. I had relapsed so many times on this site I changed my username 3 times. Also, I had failed at AA. Went for a week, went back out. Went for 18 days, went back out. Went for 23 days, lied that I had 30, went back out. i never really made it even 30 days. I felt that this time I hopeless. But on December 3, 2010 every thing changed. I went back to AA and something clicked this time. I hope it does for you as well.

My only other suggestion is to check out this link XA-Speakers - The lights are on! Check out step 4 where it talks about resentments. I had changed the way I form them. It shows me how being resentful and "trying" to say hurtful things ONLY HURTS ME. It has helped me tremendously.

Keep coming back. We can all get better, just a little at a time.

Best of luck!
Old 03-13-2011, 07:31 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
A work in progress

OK, we've identified something you need to do. Get a sponsor.

Are you going to go to a meeting tomorrow and raise your hand and tell people you need someone to sponsor you?

You are no more hopeless than any other alcoholic. We are only hopeless if we don't take the steps we need to take.

This CAN be the last time you have to go through this. Seriously. The whole rest of your life is full of possibilities, so long as you learn to live sober.
Old 03-13-2011, 07:39 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Savvy...I am far from savvy...but what I do know is that drinking has cost me my job and my dignity. It has cost me many nights of heartache, as well as, headache. I decided 45 days ago that this was it. And I think you are getting to that point, too. Five days is an awesome start and there should be no going back for you...you've come this far.
Please stay and read the threads -you are not alone...no one claims to know everything and its a different journey for everyone but with the same outcome that we want to stay sober. Good Luck.
Old 03-13-2011, 07:45 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Sorry for that last post. Not sure what brought that on. Thanks for the support guys. I will go to AA tommorow and get a sponsor. Now that I'm over the horrible withdrawals I can't put myself through that again.