Notices

Class of March 2011

Old 03-16-2011, 12:16 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Great to have you join us Rachel, Critter and Finally

Early on Day 3 for me. AA last night was a bit of deja vu as two weeks ago I was also there on day 2.

At the end someone read the promises and one bit was "we will intuitively know how to handle situations which used to baffle us". This is what I have noticed most (after two separate sober weeks recently). I can solve problems without my usual frustrated tantrums.

And I mean really important world-changing problems: For example, I need to take the protective cover off my ipod to use it in my car for long trips and it takes forever and several fingernails to pull it apart. But sober 1) I remembered to do it the night before and then, guess what, 2) I discovered it slides off, not pulls apart. Now onto world peace and finding a way to prevent earthquakes!

Have a great day/night
Old 03-16-2011, 01:23 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

On day 5 here, finally had a good night's sleep, have a good day fellow marchers!
Old 03-16-2011, 01:55 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  
Editor

About to head home for the day. I am so dang busy now when I get home. My brain is starting to move a 1000 miles an hour. Unfortunately not in one direction.There are so many things that I have neglected. I just have to remind myself that I can not fix them all in one day. As a good friend likes to tell me baby steps Dave, baby steps.
TOI That is too funny. I have those earth shattering issues often.
chris get those nails dirty and grow some yummy eats.It is beautiful today.
To all on this side of the ball have a good night and those on the other good day.
day by day
Dave
Welcome Newcomers one and all
Old 03-16-2011, 02:09 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

I would like to be part of the group too. I have tried several "day ones" recently. The 3 or 4 day mark is my real struggle. I come from a family of alcoholics (dad, two out of my three siblings, and my mom is a heavy drinker although not addicted I don't think). But I am done using my genes as an excuse to just accept this. Some of those family members I mentioned have enduring sobriety. I am kind of afraid to turn to them for help, since I am the "good one" who always does what I'm supposed to. But maybe it is time? Anyway, I didn't stop to buy booze on the way home, and now I'm off to play with my son and start dinner.
Old 03-16-2011, 02:12 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Hang around and welcome to the March group! There is always room and lots of good stuff on the site, I promise!
Old 03-16-2011, 02:16 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  
On my way....

Good for you and welcome Better, I'm like you, I also come from a family of alcoholics, and it seems as soon as I've gotten over my hangover (within a couple of days) that's when I start struggling. I'm also scared to go to my family about this, because they know I drink but they don't think that it causes me problems, it's probably better to go to them because 1. it holds us accountable, and 2. more support never hurt anyone.

Enjoy your dinner and have fun playing with your son.
Old 03-16-2011, 02:31 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Critter, Finally, and Rachel

D
Old 03-16-2011, 02:33 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  
orangutan

*raising my hand for family history of alcaholics*

Welcome to all the new "Marchers" day 3 feeling great today, I slept like a baby I have been having sleep issues so it is such a blessing to wake up refreshed and not hungover.
Old 03-16-2011, 10:10 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  
On my way....

Good night fellow Marchers. It's been a tough, but in a way, beautiful day....I actually remained inside myself for two days.....and it wasn't as bad as I thought. I'm going to bed sober and happy about it, can't wait to wake up feeling good and clean. I will check in tomorrow before I go to work.
Old 03-16-2011, 10:54 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  
Snarf Snarf

Hey everybody, and thanks for being here!

I'm a member of the Class of March 2010, and next week I'll celebrate a whole year without the alcohol. And I promise you, life is better than I ever thought possible. And the best part is, it's just beginning. It keeps getting better every day.

Think of how great it would be to come back here and visit the Class of March 2012, and to tell them that, yes, they can do it, and you've got a year of proof to back that up.

Not a single person who knew me a year ago would have thought that I would be the person I am today. Not a single person I knew thought I would ever really stop drinking, and I'm sure several of them thought that my drinking would be the death of me. Well, today I have surprised each and every one of those people, myself included. And now, a year later, rather than having people talk about how wasted I get, I'm in a position to actually help people who are having problems with alcohol. And I'm actually seeing opportunities to do that in my life, and there's no way that would be possible if I hadn't made the changes that I did.

Again, thanks for being here. I'm thankful for each and every one of you, and I hope to see you around often and for a long time to come.
Old 03-16-2011, 10:56 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  
I'm here to learn!

I'm back here and trying again, starting my attempt at 90 in 90 as of 2 days ago. Wish me luck!
Old 03-16-2011, 11:03 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  
Administrator

thanks snarf - great post man and congrats on the upcoming year!

welcome back ejosh

D
Old 03-16-2011, 11:14 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  
Snarf Snarf

Originally Posted by eJoshua View Post
I'm back here and trying again, starting my attempt at 90 in 90 as of 2 days ago. Wish me luck!
Thanks for coming back! I'm not sure if I hit 90 in 90 or not, but I probably came darn close to it because I loaded up on meetings in the beginning. 4 meetings my first day without alcohol, same the next day, 3 the next, 2 the next...and I just kept going. There were many days those first months where I would attend multiple meetings, because the AA rooms were honestly the only places I felt safe. It was the 1 place that I knew for certain, without question, I would not drink. So I was there as much as possible, and that sent me down a wonderful path. I'm enjoying the journey very much.

Again, thanks for being here, and enjoy those meetings! If you're serious about your recovery, there's no option but to dive in head first.
Old 03-17-2011, 02:33 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

End of Day 3.
Went to a different meeting tonight. OK but at end people were talking but all went out to smoke. They could not get their head around the fact that I did not want to stand around inhaling their smoke. I am doing this to get healthier...so am not going to do something I have avoided for years. (Despite years of drinking, I avoided smoky pubs due to my hatred of smoke!)

So am a bit tetchy now.
Old 03-17-2011, 04:19 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

TotallyOverIt I can relate, except I smoked when I drank so am now on day 5 without a cigarette. When I went to my meeting tonight two guys I know were at the front smoking. I said hi and said that I am trying to quit so I was going to go inside so I wouldn't get cravings. When one of the guys came in he said his doctor had advised him not to quit in his first year. I just said that I didn't smoke all the time and if I am going to bust on something i'll have a cigarette not a drink.
Old 03-17-2011, 04:38 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

I'll join this class if I may. Halfway through day 2, first AA meet last night and off to see my doctor in a minute to get some advice on the DTs.

Good luck to all the Marchers (and everyone else of course)
Old 03-17-2011, 05:21 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  
On my way....

Welcome to the new classmates, and good morning!

So, I'm starting my 3rd day. I'm finding it funny how I feel so good physically in the morning, yet so tired mentally knowing I have a long day of cravings/thoughts; then at the end of the day I feel mentally ecstatic and wound up for getting through the day. Hope that it fades with time, it seems like waking up I already feel tired knowing what I face all day. Maybe I'm so wound up at night, not just because I remained sober....but because that's when I did all my drinking? I'm sure all this will sort itself out as long as I remain clean.

Anyhow, I was just rambling on there, and thinking out loud, and I welcome others thoughts on my theory.....

Well, everyone here have a bright, sunshiney day. I will be back this evening to check in.
Old 03-17-2011, 06:11 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Doing good Rachel! Good morning, off and running on Day 4....happy St. Patty's Day everyone.
Old 03-17-2011, 06:14 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ozgirl View Post
TotallyOverIt I can relate, except I smoked when I drank so am now on day 5 without a cigarette. When I went to my meeting tonight two guys I know were at the front smoking. I said hi and said that I am trying to quit so I was going to go inside so I wouldn't get cravings. When one of the guys came in he said his doctor had advised him not to quit in his first year. I just said that I didn't smoke all the time and if I am going to bust on something i'll have a cigarette not a drink.
Ozgirl, this is me too. What is the deal with smoking and drinking? Never could quite figure that one out. Although I have to admit, not bad with a cup of coffee in the morning sometimes. I hate binging on anything!
Old 03-17-2011, 06:24 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Welcome ejosh and better!

Snarf..thank you for coming here with your encouragement. It was a really nice thing to do, and was very inspiring. A lovely gesture on your part...and congrats on a year!! Well done!

Hope everyone has a great St. Pat's day. Never made a deal out of it, myself, so I'm not missin anything today. (Plus, 12 years ago, I decided to have a baby on this day, so it's all about him! haha.) Stay away from that icky green beer folks..yuck..not worth it!! (Dang it! No St. Pat's emoticon!)