Notices

Class of March 2011

Old 03-15-2011, 01:49 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  
orangutan

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I know a lot of folks here have partners who drink aussieblue, and they manage to stay committed to being sober. Its hard but not impossible

Have you talked to your hubby about how hard it is for you, especially when he drinks in front of you?

D
No.
I have not told him about my results from the blood tests either (high liver reading) I wanted to just stop on my own, I guess I have been holding on to being able to drink if I chose because my husband would definatly put a stop to any drinking if he knew . I have been a wardrobe drinker for so long its become part of my nature to hide things I guess.

Day 2 begins and I am feeling strong today.
Old 03-15-2011, 02:12 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Administrator

I really urge you to make a clean breast of it AB

D
Old 03-15-2011, 02:47 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Hey all..day 11 for me and would be feelin good if it weren't for this crap cold I caught! Feels good to be breaking my night time habit of wine. I never just have a drink or 2. When I drink, I drink..so I'm feeling pretty good physically. The sleeping is SO different than it was. Not so great the first few days, but now I'm like a rock. Hang in there runner..it'll get better! You're right, Chris..it is a joy to feel good. Didn't realize how bad I felt, really.

Glad to see you all here today..keep on keepin on!!
Old 03-16-2011, 01:05 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Late on Day 2. Yippee for me!!! And everyone else too!

Went to second AA meeting tonight. I didn't think I would "do" AA but hey...it's not like my other methods were working
Old 03-16-2011, 04:25 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Good morning fellow Marchers 2011. Off to work out this morning, then to work I go. Day 3 has begun.
Old 03-16-2011, 06:20 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  
Editor

Good morning All. I hope that everyone hung in there last night. Busy day. gotta run.
Dave
Old 03-16-2011, 06:46 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Count me in. I am done with drinking, done with embaressing myself, done with the pitying look in my husband's eyes. Just done.
Old 03-16-2011, 06:55 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Hey fellow Marchers! I'm on day 18 (xanax.) It was a crazy couple of weeks, but I'm feeling great and loving life. Hang in there! We can do it!
Old 03-16-2011, 07:04 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Can i become a Marcher? I think i still have alcohol in me from last night but i cannot take it anymore. I posted my newcomer post earlier and found this "class" thing. What is it?

So im afraid to say Day 1 but as i see it might have meaning here. ....
So here it Goes:
Day 1 for me Im a Marcher!

edit add: still dont know what it means, but March is a catch, imagine the Apriliches
Old 03-16-2011, 07:31 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

On to day #3!

I wish I was sleeping better, but I suspect that will correct itself (if for no other reason than exhaustion). I had some serious cravings to drink last night but guess what? I didn't give in, I got through it, and I believe I am stronger for it. I tell you this only because I suspect you all are having cravings too and to let you know we are all in the same boat (if it was easy to give it up, none of us would be here, right?).

Welcome to all the new people! The class of March 2011 simply means that all of us quit during the month of March. Of course you are welcome to join!

Gotta run . . . . busy day at work
Old 03-16-2011, 08:02 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

There's plenty of room here - pull up a seat and chit chat!! Welcome everyone - I'm glad to be here too - there's strength in numbers.
Old 03-16-2011, 09:13 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Hooray for the new people! I don't know why, on day 10, it gives me so much hope to see someone posting Day 1. Maybe because I know there IS hope, no matter where we are on this journey.

This morning I realized I spent all day yesterday thinking it was Wednesday. I got all psyched up for refusing Guinness today, when it's not even St Patty's Day until tomorrow. /sigh/ Well, at least I've thought it through, right?
Old 03-16-2011, 09:34 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Yes, you did.... LOL

I think it helps me alot to stop and just play it all the way through as well.
Old 03-16-2011, 10:09 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  
Editor

Went to my first father/daughter lunch today sober and no hangover. It was awesome. I was one of the few Dads there and had about 8 7and8 year old comedians wanting 100% of my attention. I get sad when I think about how much I have missed. But excited to know that those days are behind me.
Welcome to all the new marchers and way to go to all the others that are holding strong.
If you have fallen get back up and start over. Learn from your mistakes and move forward.
Have a great sober day.
Day by Day
Dave
Old 03-16-2011, 10:14 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  
I'm trying to try.

I went to a meeting today and got my 24 hour coin! It's my first one and hopefully my last. I can't stop playing with it and looking at it, lol.
And, of course, I already want my 30 day coin NOW

Anyway, my friend from my IOP (recovering meth addict) called me earlier and asked how I was doing. "You goin' to meetings?" he asked. I said, "Yeah, I went to one this morning at 7:30!" Then he says, "...7:30????? In the morning????? OK, what I'm about to say is coming from a drug addict...BELLA, ARE YOU HIGH?"

Well, I can assure you I am not high (just a little caffeinated), but I feel better than I have felt in a REALLY long time. I think detox was one of the best decisions I ever made. I feel like such an idiot for refusing to go before.

Day 5 for me, hope everyone is well
Old 03-16-2011, 10:42 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Welcome Critter and Finally..don't ever be afraid to say "day 1"..it's HUGE. Just the fact that you're thinking in those terms is great. And don't be afraid to say it again and again if you have to...I'd rather hear someone say it 100 times, than never. You can do it!

Good to hear all the positives today! Sunny here and starting to warm up in the midwest..finally!
Old 03-16-2011, 11:21 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

The only thing I want to do is start digging in my yard and getting IT straight...and ME straight too! HA! Beautiful 70ish weather in the Deep South. Doing good on Day 3...keep it up fellow Marchers!
Old 03-16-2011, 11:23 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  
On my way....

May I join in? I'm here on day 2, shaky and scared; but I don't want to go back.
Old 03-16-2011, 11:37 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Come on in.......we are all in this together! Make a plan for recovery and dig in deep, if I can do it so can you ok? Welcome and I hope you and everyone else sticks around.
Old 03-16-2011, 12:11 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Climb aboard! We know how you feel. Let's get through this together