Notices

saying good-bye to friends

Old 03-11-2011, 06:16 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy saying good-bye to friends

After having blood work done, my wife and I learned that our 3 year old kitty we rescued from a shelter is in the advance stages of leukaemia. The vet says she was probably born with it and it went undetected until now. Today we are having her put to sleep saving her from a painful end.

We're going to miss our furry friend
Old 03-11-2011, 06:35 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

I'm sorry for the necesity to do this but you are
doing the bravest kindest thing you can do for your loving pet.
Old 03-11-2011, 06:42 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I am so sorry. Feline Luke is very hard on them...it is best and know that kitty will be waiting at rainbow bridge.
Glad to hear you got him from the shelter. There are SO many cats waiting for a good home. Maybe when your feel ready you can adopt another one.
Old 03-11-2011, 06:43 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I am so sorry for the loss of your beloved pet.

Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...
Old 03-11-2011, 06:45 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I am so very sorry. I lost my very, very favorite rescue baby last year to Feline Leukemia. About killed me. He only had a year on this earth, which was the hardest part. But remember...you rescued that baby and gave him a wonderful life. So did I. Thank you for getting a shelter baby.
Old 03-11-2011, 07:49 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

It's always hard saying goodbye to furry family members. I'm glad you gave her a good life and hope that someday you can give another kitty as good a life.