Notices

i LOVE it...BEGINNING of the End

Old 03-11-2011, 10:35 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

AA isn't that bad and it gets you OUT away from drinking in the house and face to face with people with the same problem.
I love my rehab group. I can be myself. And believe me, I am just learning about the real me. I lost it somewhere way down the road through 30 years of addicton.
You can have a better relationship with people of like mind and why you feel comfortable here.
I've been on that viscious cycle many times. All my domestic goddess chores were done, kids in bed and I deserved some me time...6 drinks later...!
Regardless of the 'time' of day you drink you still drink and if you think you have a problem chances are high you do.
The only way to stop is to stop...but YOU have to be ready....its all about YOUR timing.

Old Japanese Proverb: Fall down 7 times get up 8.
Old 03-12-2011, 12:22 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by EmeraldRose View Post
AA isn't that bad and it gets you OUT away from drinking in the house and face to face with people with the same problem.
I used to go to a psych clinic and I participated in their art therapy group and their depression group. It was very helpful, but some of the people I met who attended both of the groups like I did were really cool and very bipolar. We became fast friends and totally fed off each other, it was funny, some of them drank a lot and didn't say a word of it in therapy, but we'd party together on our own time.

Just a funny thought I had, but on a serious note, being with people who know what you're going thru can be a relief, granted you're not meeting them in the nut hut!!!
Old 03-12-2011, 07:34 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Why not check out this new thread for members who are
getting back on track or quitting for the first time?

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ch-2011-a.html

Then you will have company as you March forward

Good to see you again
Old 03-12-2011, 02:08 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LaFemme View Post
That would be 100% alcohol free...lol
I am just reading this today LaFemme..I was sitting there thinking...well that means 90% drunk. Glad you clarified!!! I was puzzled bad.