Notices

For Those Struggling with Boredom

Old 03-10-2011, 12:02 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Good to hear you have found your new normal. I too want to thank you for your intelligent and insightfull posts and comments around here. When I was drinking I often thought that drinking created excitement and stopped boredom. It took time some time to realize (once I quite drinking) that it did nothing of the sort. Now....if I am bored (never happens that often) I embrace that feeling and cherish the moment and take that as the "me" time I deprived myself of having by drinking. I use to drink to 'get away from it all' and 'relax' but that does not work.....it just took me way too long to realize it. I am fine with being bored. I'll take bored over drinking any day.
Old 03-10-2011, 12:13 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

LaFemme - THANK YOU. This is exactly what I needed to read this evening.
Old 03-10-2011, 12:44 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Thanks for sharing! Looking back, I can't believe how much time I spent drinking, buying beer, thinking about drinking, recovering from drinking, etc, etc. Now that I'm at 20+ months sober, I don't have enough hours in the day to fit in all my hobbies and interests. Amazing...
Old 03-10-2011, 02:05 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
ste
unlearning

Thank you for the encouraging post LaFemme, baby steps will work. Have to learn how to walk before you can run. Think you could be a Life Coach now!
Old 03-10-2011, 03:07 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Nice post.

I'm an artist too, and Ive done more work since I got sober than I had done my entire life up to that point. It's great to be able to finish something. I also took up photography, and between the two pay my bills. My kids get a sober mom, my husband a sober wife, and I also got a 3rd furry child (dog) last year. It's great.
Old 03-10-2011, 05:00 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Thank you for your inspiring post!
This is what sobriety is all about.
Old 03-10-2011, 06:29 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
6/20/08

I joke that it's like going to therapy and not blaming your parents for everything I love this.

Your post made me smile all the way through reading it.
Old 03-10-2011, 06:42 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Great Post. It is truly an awakening! I still can't believe the years I spent in my self induced comatose state. Getting sober has been the stepping stone to other areas in my life finally coming together. Onward and Upward!!!
Old 03-10-2011, 06:57 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Dbear..we need to start an artists thread.there are womanhood of us here

In related news I have spent the past few hours organizing and cleaning my house formula family's visit tomorrow. I always used to haul utmybottles andshove crap in coasts andwupe of the counters and maybe wash the floors.it would take me a whole day because I would be drinking like a fish the whole time.

Well tonight, not only am I ahead of the game but I'm washing the curtains and the windows and reorganizing my closets and throwing stuff out. I might even reupholstered my chairs tomorrow...a project I haven't gotten to yet. See I gave myself the same amount of prep time as in the past but since my house is already pretty clean now I can make it shine and still get time to pop in here
Old 03-10-2011, 07:56 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Started polishing copper and decided I was going overboard...lol. half measures have never been my thing