Notices

newbie here and scared

Old 03-10-2011, 07:12 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

@Ricki Thanks for your 2 cents man. I have thought about trying moderation but I know that I would go back to what I was just doing a week ago and my home life cant take that anymore. My wife is tired of my BS. I am def going to get into the gym I think that would def help me. I dont get the shakes or any physical withdrawl sign. The thought of drinking just consumes my brain all day. Good luck with the moderation man!

@Dave, the more I read this site the more honest I am becoming with myself. I do have a problem and I cant moderate and I just need to do whatever I have to to recover. My work has a mental health program that I can use that I am going to take advantage of. So i think that will help. Happy early birthday man. good luck on your journey as well.
Kevin
Old 03-11-2011, 05:11 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Today has been rough... This is the first weekend without drinking and I have been on edge. Got into two fights with my wife. I have to remember that she hasn't done this to me. I just need to stay strong. life goes on.
Old 03-11-2011, 09:25 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

This too shall pass....I keep reminding myself of that everytime I *think* booze.
I drank for 30 years and recently got fired because of it. I was actually relieved as odd as that may sound...but at that point, my gig was up...it was over...I HAD to change and I did 42 dys ago.
I don't do moderation either...if I crack open a bottle I might as well kiss it goodbye. No such thing as just one drink.
I kept busy starting my grooming station (I groom dogs) and running around and doing things I had neglected -but sooner or later you are sitting alone with you and thoughts of what to do next. I find pistacchios to be a busy escape. You have to take each one and crack it before eating. LOL
I am doing AA and 6 weeks of rehab -if your company has some type of addiction help -take advantage of it.
But whatever you do, take it day by day...good luck!