Notices

Reading to keep your mind busy...

Old 03-08-2011, 06:59 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Reading to keep your mind busy...

Seems some of us are having trouble finding a solution for the extra time we have not drinking. Here is a nice list of things -I plan on picking one per day and trying to work on it along with what 12 step I am on. Thought it would give someone out here fuel for thought.

Inspire Me Today - Dr. Gaby Cora
Old 03-08-2011, 09:25 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Stopping the Train...

Location: Sevierville, TN - in the valley of the Great Smoky Mountains
Usin' dope is still a big part of my morning thought process. First I have to "reset" by the pray-like thing, read my "Just For Today" daily meditation, already talked to my sponsor this morning, I am DRAINED (detoxing from natural impurities - going into somewhat of a holistic supplement route and my body is trying to repair brain function and years of physical running on empty with high volume anxiety since I got clean - even stopped coffee), so I've started reading a regular page-turner. Today I will pick up another. Just simply for leisure. Nothing to do with recovery. How can I think of dope when I am totally involved with a good book!?

Hopefully my energy levels will pick up again soon - naturally. I'm simply doing the basics now to keep my apt. from getting out of hand. Even went to a meeting in my slippers last night. Just absolutely could not bring myself to put on socks and shoes...
Old 03-08-2011, 10:07 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Sure, sometimes we have to 'think' about other things so we don't think about things we don't want to think about. Good books are a great idea if you like reading. LOL I struggle with the comprehension and concentration.
I'm still on down time since I quit...just trying to get my head quiet so I can move on.
Hey, whatever way you need to go to AA is really your business. I'm sure they were glad you even showed in slippers or not! We've got too much snow here to walk outside in slippers!
Old 03-08-2011, 10:32 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Stopping the Train...

Don't do AA hardly at all anymore, but the NA peeps gotta laugh. I usually wear my riding boots, so it was quite a change. lol

And you can TOTALLY keep your snow!!!

I've been on downtime since I lost my job last Aug. Living on of savings right now. Lots of time for head space. After-all, I'm with the worst addict I know - ME! I live alone, no tv service - so no distractions except what I can create myself - and I'm not always good at that!

I think I'm done with the internet for a bit. Need to divert my pc addiction!!
Old 03-08-2011, 10:39 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Cosidering I am the sharing type of person I can send you some snow. I'd hate to keep it all to myself. Isn't helping others part of our treatment? Hehehe

I know whatcha mean about being alone. I have an almost 18 year daughter that I barely see so basically its me, the dogs and the interent and TV for background sound. LOL
I think its more of a challenge going it alone and if we can this we can do anything!
Good Luck! =)
Old 03-08-2011, 01:29 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Stopping the Train...

LOL...I appreciate your thoughts on sharing...but...ummm...NO THANKS!

So - I promptly got off the internet - picked out a book, read one part of a chapter - and napped for almost 2 hours! At least I already got my bills paid today. My phone good for another month - car insurance for 6.

Now off to my sponsors to do some step work...:-)