Notices

new

Old 03-07-2011, 09:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

new

so im giving this a try. ive been met with negativity from other sites simply because of my place in this sober process and my insecurities and self doubts about life without drugs...but from looking around this might be the right place.

so im 24....DOC-heroin and i also have constant pain from a neck injury from fainting while messed up, which makes it hard to stay clean when i can't function without pain killers (another reason im here-the pain management and sobriety section) a few months ago i was really sure about being sober, with being me and being happy....now i don't know where that person went and i want her back but im not sure how to get there anymore. im lost and i feel completely invisible. i don't really know what to do....or what else to say. sooo...hmmm...thanks for reading.
Old 03-07-2011, 09:38 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi! Welcome to SR! You're not invisible! You came to a great place for support! I don't think being happy and being you is lost! I think if you do the right things and go in the right directions towards sobriety that she'll come back because she is who you're meant to be!
Old 03-07-2011, 09:41 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Groovy Dancer

Welcome to SR!
Old 03-07-2011, 09:45 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Welcome Golden - sorry to hear you're struggling.... The first few days/weeks can get rocky. Do you have any other support?

I know what you mean about wanting to get yourself back - I wasn't sure I could do it either, but found out that with a little patience, no alcohol and the help of folks here, my sanity came back....

Good luck on your search for pain-management. That has to be hard.:ghug3
Old 03-07-2011, 09:50 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome, Golden! =)
Old 03-08-2011, 12:30 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR!

This is an awesome place for support and information.. I'm sorry about your battles with pain management...any chance you have tried accupuncture....it helped my mother with her sever pain.

You can get clean and be happy again.

Hugs, lafemme
Old 03-08-2011, 09:10 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

thanks everyone with all the welcomes...it really does make me feel....welcome lol.

the only problem i have with therapies for my pain is the financial aspect. Im a student and i do have student health insurance but it covers maybe a third of the cost for any treatment. im still looking at my options but cost does complicate it...a lot actually.

LaFemme: ive always been interested in acupuncture but i guess im a little unsure. have you tried and did it help?
Old 03-08-2011, 09:45 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Cause no harm

Welcome, Golden, another suggestion is some basic yoga asanas. Getting proper oxygenated blood flow to compromised areas is essential for repair. And it won't cost you a dime. Just take it slow and keep the asanas simple. Don't stress you problem areas to the point of pain. In yoga, pain is no gain.
Old 03-08-2011, 09:49 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Stopping the Train...

Location: Sevierville, TN - in the valley of the Great Smoky Mountains
And how much money were you able to dredge up for drugs? Just askin'... :-) The money saved from buying drugs may easily come close to what you spend for alternative pain management.

Welcome to the forum!!!

I had those same fears of living life without drugs. It's all I knew to do for 3/4 of my life. I AM finding a new way today. Those fears still pop up from time to time, but today I don't give into them as easy - and I haven't picked back up. Lots of campuses have 12 step programs. Have you thought of trying one? This is how I've found that way - through NA. NA doesn't just deal with not using, but also to help me deal with life better.

Glad you're here!
Old 03-08-2011, 04:41 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

whiskerkissed: lol that made me laugh...its true. i love when people call me out i do seem to have money for drugs and i can say a million other reasons why i don't have money now even when im not using.

i guess its prioritizing now. which part of my life should i fix first.

creekryder: that actually sounds like a great idea that i am going to have to try...a lot of my pain comes from my body tensing up. it sounds so obvious now lol
Old 03-09-2011, 01:43 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Welcome to SR