Notices

Been here before, finally joined up!!! Newbie Alert

Old 03-11-2011, 10:11 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Danae, I don't know if you're going to find your way back to this thread, but the doc put me back on Cymbalta and we agreed to keep it at a very low dose, only 30mg. I'm ok with that, I have to do something. Yesterday I was a wreck and threw up at work from anxiety.

I don't like the idea of starting all of this psych business again, but I'm just having too many problems and especially without alcohol for a crutch all the time- I have to function somehow and the depression and anxiety has been making me so miserable. The day I made the appointment to see her 2 weeks ago I was thinking of ways to die, it was sickening and I didn't care...
Old 03-12-2011, 02:09 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Welcome presstoe!!!
It sounds like you are doing some thinking aloud here, going from cutting down on alcohol to not drinking at all.
That's great: if this forum can help you come to some conclusions with your thinking aloud then we've done a good job today...

Some have suggested visiting the friends and family section here, and I second that: I discovered that I was codependent to my family members after I started my recovery journey. I visit the friends and family forum a lot.

There are also lots of discussions in other forums here about depression and bipolar, all sorts of mental illness issues, prescription meds....non prescription meds...all sorts of discussions about meds in general, and maybe you might find some helpful information there. Not to say I am diagnosing you!
Keep coming back!