Notices

day 8

Old 03-07-2011, 02:35 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

day 8

Hey!!! so, today is day 8! very proud of myself! I cant say that it has been easy, but sunday and monday are my worst days, because i am off both days. I have been to 3 meetings and am going to my 4th tonight. My husband and I are talking a bit more, arguing still...... today, he threw away the remaining alcohol in the house.... im ticked about it.... not because i was drinking it, but because it was kind of nice to have the choice right in front of my face and say no to it.... now its gone and its a choice that he made for me and i do not like that at all.... also.... i know that in aa they say not to make any major decisions in the first year.... well, my issue is kinda like which came first the chicken or the egg... my marriage is suffering because i was drinking and i was drinking because my marriage sucked..... so i feel like we are so focused on me not drinking and i want to focus on getting back on track with my marriage,,,, any suggestions?
Old 03-07-2011, 02:56 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I know what you mean about having the choice. I left half a bottle of wine in my fridge until day 8. Then I threw it because I thought if I drank it, it would poison me lol.

For what it's worth, I would say, think about yourself before anything else.
Stop the drinking, get a clear head and then work on the marriage. Heck you could find the sobriety helps put your marriage back on track.
Old 03-07-2011, 03:06 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Life is Grand

I agree with Smudg3r about concentrating on you...and that sobriety may put your marriage back on track. Even if it doesn't, you will be able to make a choice while you are clear headed.

As far as your Husband tossing the Alcohol, it probably was a good idea, no point in testing you will power. A side note...it would have bunched my panties too!! I had a few control issues when I was drinking and new to sobriety...not that I have any now

Cathy