Notices

you won't care about the right or wrong way in recovery

Old 03-07-2011, 07:29 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

It can be construed that way by you saying, "WE are failing". It sounds like YOU are holding yourself or your group accountable. And I won't lie to you, my program is about me, I wouldn't have it any other way, because it's my issue to deal with. If you consider it selfish because I'm not actively trying to get people to recover my way, then so be it.
Old 03-07-2011, 07:43 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
ste
unlearning

Originally Posted by stanleyhouse View Post
As you grow in recovery and life it won't matter to you if you are right, you probably won't care to debate. People learn that being led by their ego is a hopeless, harmful way to live. Let go of what you and others thought you should be. Think about who you were before you allowed yourself to become what you are.
Sorry for the random advice. I just always think about ego when I read debate threads.
SH
I catch my ego forcing me to go back to my old posts, to see who put a "thanks".
So people, please quit thanking my posts. Then I won't have to look (I'll just wonder why you don't like me).
Old 03-07-2011, 08:20 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Some of my fellow AA members might need a refresher
course in how to work with others.gee the BB has
a chapter devoted to that very thing...

Let's all enjoy another day of recovery
surely that required no debate...
Old 03-07-2011, 08:21 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

People in an early stage of recovery can have a very black and white view of things. A sign of healthy recovery I feel is a greater respect and tolerance for differences, that can include some different means of recovery, as there are examples of here. If it works for you whatever it is I congratulate you

I find it disappointing when people debate over the 'best way'. I hope this can remain a board of mutual support for each other and recovery. I remember some time back a few heated discussions on the board which threatened to become out of control at times, but for a long time now it's been for the most part a better tone. Out of respect to Dee who put in so much work here, I hope we can pull together to maintain this forum as a positive place for anyone who wants recovery.
Old 03-07-2011, 08:43 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

STE
Maybe people will honor your request but I think people leave "thanks" if they share your opinion or if they appreciate your participation on their thread.
Anyways, very honest and it made me smile.
SH